TV Series

Christ are you still whining about this.

Just use the bloody spoiler function and stop being an arse
I'm only responding to people who are speaking to me first. I deserve a right of reply. More to the point, I'm yet to be given a proper explanation for why I should use spoiler tags when discussing old shows. "Just use spoilers" isn't a reason. Until it's actually put in front of me that it's a thread rule that discussions about old TV shows have to be put behind spoiler tags then I'll continue to discuss them openly. Until then youse can all stop whining at me and let it go. I'm not the one whining and complaining, I'm simply explaining my position to the numerous people who seem to have got their back up over fuck all.

I'm only responding to people who are speaking to me first. I deserve a right of reply. More to the point, I'm yet to be given a proper explanation for why I should use spoiler tags when discussing old shows. "Just use spoilers" isn't a reason. Until it's actually put in front of me that it's a thread rule that spoilers for old TV shows have to be put behind spoiler tags then I'll continue to discuss them openly. Until then youse can all stop whining at me and let it go. I'm not the one whining and complaining, I'm simply explaining my position to the numerous people who seem to have got their back up over fuck all.
It isn't a thread rule it's a courtesy to fellow posters... Something you seen to lack judging by your me me me attitude

It isn't a thread rule it's a courtesy to fellow posters... Something you seen to lack judging by your me me me attitude
Funny that you're accusing me of having a "me me me" attitude when half a dozen posters have done nothing but complain about how a single post I made about the ending of The Sopranos (which was several days ago and several fucking pages ago now) has apparently affected the rest of their TV-watching lives.

I made my post and moved on with my life. Everybody else involved in this little argument has turned it into a bigger issue. Like I said in my previous post, just let it go. Put me on ignore for all I care. I accept it's common courtesy to spoiler chats about TV shows currently ongoing or recently ended but The Sopranos was yonks ago and it's not my fault if people haven't caught up.

(And, as I've already said, but just for clarification, if anyone wants to chat freely about The Wire or The Americans or any other drama from years ago that's been done for more than a decade but I've not watched yet, go ahead.)

Last edited:
Put me on ignore for all I care. I accept it's common courtesy to spoiler chats about TV shows currently ongoing or recently ended but The Sopranos was yonks ago and it's not my fault if people haven't caught up.
So you accept that it's a common courtesy but you then say you're just gonna do it anyway.

You should be barred from this thread

So you accept that it's a common courtesy but you then say you're just gonna do it anyway.

You should be barred from this thread
Nope. Read it again. I said it's common courtesy to spoiler shows that are currently ongoing or recently ended. Please don't jump angrily into a debate if you've not read everything that's been said. I'm not objecting to being told to use spoiler tags wholesale, I'm objecting to being told to use spoiler tags when discussing shows that ended 16 years ago and premiered in the previous century. Like I've asked already, where do we draw the line? Richard Hillman in Corrie? Who shot Mr. Burns? Ross and Rachel? Who shot JR? Romeo and Juliet?

On the previous page you've got someone openly discussing that Daryl (?) survives The Walking Dead. @Roger Mellie So I expect you'll come down on them any moment now.

On the previous page you've got someone openly discussing that Daryl (?) survives The Walking Dead. @Roger Mellie So I expect you'll come down on them any moment now.
OK I've never to my.knowledge been in this thread so have come here with an open mind. There have been a few complaints made so I've looked at the last few pages or so and come to this conclusion.

Please use a spoiler alert in all discussions. Just because a series is old doesnt.mean everyone has watched it.
It's a simple thing to follow that keeps peace and harmony in the thread.
Can you do that from now on?

Funny that you're accusing me of having a "me me me" attitude when half a dozen posters have done nothing but complain about how a single post I made about the ending of The Sopranos (which was several days ago and several fucking pages ago now) has apparently affected the rest of their TV-watching lives.

I made my post and moved on with my life. Everybody else involved in this little argument has turned it into a bigger issue. Like I said in my previous post, just let it go. Put me on ignore for all I care. I accept it's common courtesy to spoiler chats about TV shows currently ongoing or recently ended but The Sopranos was yonks ago and it's not my fault if people haven't caught up.

(And, as I've already said, but just for clarification, if anyone wants to chat freely about The Wire or The Americans or any other drama from years ago that's been done for more than a decade but I've not watched yet, go ahead.)

LOL!

Welcome to the real BM! In general, there are BM gangs to be wary of!

But, as a rule, just speak in general terms without disclosure.

You can still get your sentiments across.

It's a bit difficult to avoid that spoiler, as he has his own spin off sequel.
It's a bit difficult to avoid the end of The Sopranos considering it's one of the mostly widely discussed, parodied, and studied endings in the entire history of the televisual medium. I keep asking, where are we supposed to draw the line?

While we're at it, let's petition to have this episode of Family Guy cut from all future broadcasts lest future generations have The Sopranos final scene spoiled for them by this joke.

Shit sorry have I spoiled Family Guy for people now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.