TV Series

Yeah as the resident Dubliner on the forum I'm wrong.

You're right. In fact I just took a walk and everybody in Dublin speaks with those accents and talk like they are reading directly from a script. .
I wasn’t referring to the accent, I was replying to your “it’s abysmal” comment, I read that as you thought the programme was poor, your opinion of course but everyone I know who’s watched it thinks it’s a good series.

Finished Fool me once over the weekend, bit baffled by the positive reviews its picking up in the media. An ok watch nothing more.
on e5 next, yeah it's pretty standard stuff. Plenty of local spots to pick out, ie Ashton Old Baths (Police Station), Alexandra Park, Peveril of the Peak etc

I wasn’t referring to the accent, I was replying to your “it’s abysmal” comment, I read that as you thought the programme was poor, your opinion of course but everyone I know who’s watched it thinks it’s a good series.

It's an enjoyable drama but about as realistic as Star Trek as the characters are so unbelievably poor. The Fran character is farcical. The main lad lives in the posh estate near me and is on the tram most mornings. He's a better actor than that show put him across as and did a zombie flick that he's excellent in and even was in Avengers(but his character was a CGI villain). I'd a mate in season 1 and lets just say there's a reason he hasn't been in anything else. Kin is definitely superior. Canadian production crew knew what they were doing and the caliber of talent in it is much better. Even the local actors given their first shot are much better than what got into Love/Hate.

It's an enjoyable drama but about as realistic as Star Trek as the characters are so unbelievably poor. The Fran character is farcical. The main lad lives in the posh estate near me and is on the tram most mornings. He's a better actor than that show put him across as and did a zombie flick that he's excellent in and even was in Avengers(but his character was a CGI villain). I'd a mate in season 1 and lets just say there's a reason he hasn't been in anything else. Kin is definitely superior. Canadian production crew knew what they were doing and the caliber of talent in it is much better. Even the local actors given their first shot are much better than what got into Love/Hate.
That’s a fair post, but just for entertainment i enjoyed love/hate. I agree Kin is better though, series 2 surpassed the first one imho. Must be an interesting place to live!! Love the names of the pubs out there. I’ve been to Dublin just once for a weekend to watch the Saw Doctors, had a good time and the Oysters we had in a bar were the best I’ve ever had.

Had a lazy day off watching Convicting a Murderer. Was great. The real factual take on that very manipulatively made Making a Murderer Netflix series about that family of American gyppos who killed that woman and somehow had the world told they didnt. Nice to see facts for a change in this crazy world

We finished it tonight and about as predictable and shite as expected. Wouldn’t give it any more than a 3/10.
Me neither, she’s an ‘Albion Market’ level actress, Richard Armitage is more ‘Eldorado’.

Don’t know what it is about him but I just find him so insipid and uninspiring, I’m starting to wonder if he’s the British Nicholas Cage and has somebody famous behind him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.