TV Series

Tried watching Bear. I got 20 minutes in and quit. I found myself going a bit fucking bog eyed as the images kept changing every second and it was done with a hand held camera, fucking thing was giving me a dizzy kind of vertigo. I just couldn't watch it.
Fuck me I'm a dinosaur.

Tried watching Bear. I got 20 minutes in and quit. I found myself going a bit fucking bog eyed as the images kept changing every second and it was done with a hand held camera, fucking thing was giving me a dizzy kind of vertigo. I just couldn't watch it.
Fuck me I'm a dinosaur.
I didn't find anyone to really like so gave up. also I prefer to believe that food is cooked by pixies.

Started watching Utopia on Britbox... it seemed very, very familiar yet I couldn't quite remember the plot.

It turns out that Amazon did a US remake of Utopia in 2020 - and I had previously watched that remake.

Turns out the plot is similar but different in several aspects - which I won't got into detail about because that would spoil the story.

Anyhow, I'm enjoying the original Utopia on Britbox and will watch both seasons unless something happens to sour me on the 2-season series.
Where is Jessica Hyde?

I watched the UK version before the remake. The original was much better (in my opinion). Arby was brilliant. One of a few shows I wish there was more of.

Just finished the 1st episode of Masters of the Air, on Apple TV

Don't think it will match Band of Brothers, but I thoroughly enjoyed episode 1. Not gonna get too attached to any characters, as those daylight bombing raids were sheer and utter madness.

I know it'd be impossible to match the practical bits of BoB, but I dunno, it just looked cheap. So far none of the performances have close to the gravitas of its predecessors either. Will carry on watching for sure and just temper expectations.

I haven't seen it (or missed it) on here, but the film "Sexy Beast" is now a TV series.

Cocker-Knee gangsters at it. It's like Marmite, all that.

3 eps released, so far. First ep has been decent and reminiscent of the original film.
is it anything like the snatch tv series as that was reasonably good

I haven't seen it (or missed it) on here, but the film "Sexy Beast" is now a TV series.

Cocker-Knee gangsters at it. It's like Marmite, all that.

3 eps released, so far. First ep has been decent and reminiscent of the original film.
Does anybody get called a "Fackin' Cant" in it?

Does anybody get called a "Fackin' Cant" in it?

Yes, 'Cant' flies around a lot!

is it anything like the snatch tv series as that was reasonably good

Do you know what? I think it's slightly better. In the film "Sexy Beast" you only ever get a sense of what the characters were like, but you never got WHY they were like that (episode 'Donny! Donny! Donny!' is really well done for example), so this background filler actually works!

I know it'd be impossible to match the practical bits of BoB, but I dunno, it just looked cheap.
War films / TV series in general are much more visceral (realistic) and relatable when dealing with boots on the ground / ground warfare than in air combat, especially as its hard to cheer on a screen full of CGI planes in battle filling the skies.

Well that's my theory (Tora, Tora, Tora, Midway (1976), Battle of Britain, The Dam Busters & Blue Max being notable exceptions)

Last edited:
Just watched the final episode in the 2nd series of Reacher, what a fucking pile of absolute shit.
Seeing the **** trying to run towards the helicopter was funny mind

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.