TV Series

Is The Wire any good? It’s just being repeated on Sky and what it’s about please? If it’s horror and scary, it’s not my cup of tea but I like most other things:)
The best TV show ever, nothing comes even close to it. The life in City of Baltimore though the eyes of:
S01: Ghetto
S02: The seaport
S03: Local government
S04: Educational system
S05: Media
There is no other TV show that will, after five seasons, leave you with 30+ characters that will stay with you forever. Just be patient and you gonna get got!

The best TV show ever, nothing comes even close to it. The life in City of Baltimore though the eyes of:
S01: Ghetto
S02: The seaport
S03: Local government
S04: Educational system
S05: Media
There is no other TV show that will, after five seasons, leave you with 30+ characters that will stay with you forever. Just be patient and you gonna get got!

It's a great show and inspired many more, but there are several reasons why I can't rank it as highly as some people do...

The sea port season... Utterly dreadful and some terrible characters that are central to that plot. McNulty in general. Finally, the ridiculous storyline in the final season that McNulty is central to.

Having said that, I still really enjoyed the show and there are some incredible characters throughout. Special mention to Omar. What a guy! So it is absolutely worth watching. Just not on the level of Sopranos or Better Call Saul in my opinion.

I did as well but like I said, I don’t take it too seriously because let’s face it, you’re not really meant to.

Yep exactly, it’s throwaway tv. They could have made it great throwaway tv though, I do think they missed a bit of a trick with the team aspect. That should have been several seasons in at least.

It's a great show and inspired many more, but there are several reasons why I can't rank it as highly as some people do...

The sea port season... Utterly dreadful and some terrible characters that are central to that plot. McNulty in general. Finally, the ridiculous storyline in the final season that McNulty is central to.

Having said that, I still really enjoyed the show and there are some incredible characters throughout. Special mention to Omar. What a guy! So it is absolutely worth watching. Just not on the level of Sopranos or Better Call Saul in my opinion.
Always wondered how nobody had a pot at Omar when strolling through the street pre killing.

Is The Wire any good? It’s just being repeated on Sky and what it’s about please? If it’s horror and scary, it’s not my cup of tea but I like most other things:)
I don't think you'll like it @normskih , memsahib hated it, it's all about drugs and cops and disaffected people on the dark side of the city. Give it a go though and please report back. :)

I’m on TD S4 at the moment, having watched the other 3.
S1 was probably my favourite of all series (Mad Men or GoT the only other contenders).

Can’t make up my mind on this series. I’ve seen all the online criticisms about it being wokeism gone crazy, and I can see that, but it still hasn’t spoiled my enjoyment.
I’m more concerned that it’s only 6 episodes long and there doesn’t seem to have been a lot of forward plot momentum and we’re halfway through.
I also keep getting echoes of Fortitude and even The Thing.
I also think they’ve gone ott with musical interludes; I’m sure the makers think it creates and builds atmosphere, but it looks like too much filler in the run time of each episode imho.

Anyway, let’s hope for gripping second half of the series.

I’m on TD S4 at the moment, having watched the other 3.
S1 was probably my favourite of all series (Mad Men or GoT the only other contenders).

Can’t make up my mind on this series. I’ve seen all the online criticisms about it being wokeism gone crazy, and I can see that, but it still hasn’t spoiled my enjoyment.
I’m more concerned that it’s only 6 episodes long and there doesn’t seem to have been a lot of forward plot momentum and we’re halfway through.
I also keep getting echoes of Fortitude and even The Thing.
I also think they’ve gone ott with musical interludes; I’m sure the makers think it creates and builds atmosphere, but it looks like too much filler in the run time of each episode imho.

Anyway, let’s hope for gripping second half of the series.
What series are you talking about?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.