TV Series

Started the "righteous gemstones" this week, already halfway through series 2, a great show and have laughed out loud a number of times each episode.

Walten Goggins steals every scene he's in as uncle baby Billy.

I’m on TD S4 at the moment, having watched the other 3.
S1 was probably my favourite of all series (Mad Men or GoT the only other contenders).

Can’t make up my mind on this series. I’ve seen all the online criticisms about it being wokeism gone crazy, and I can see that, but it still hasn’t spoiled my enjoyment.
I’m more concerned that it’s only 6 episodes long and there doesn’t seem to have been a lot of forward plot momentum and we’re halfway through.
I also keep getting echoes of Fortitude and even The Thing.
I also think they’ve gone ott with musical interludes; I’m sure the makers think it creates and builds atmosphere, but it looks like too much filler in the run time of each episode imho.

Anyway, let’s hope for gripping second half of the series.
I'm enjoying it too, though I didn't expect a supernatural aspect on a TD series, though it was hinted at, a little in series one. I enjoyed Fargo series 5 too, though that was quite woke too, if that bothers you.

Is The Wire any good? It’s just being repeated on Sky and what it’s about please? If it’s horror and scary, it’s not my cup of tea but I like most other things:)

It's very good but at first you really have to stick with it, it's so realistic how it's filmed and the lingo that it can be a bit off putting.

I almost sacked but someone I trust told me to carry on with it as he had felt the same.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.