TV Series

Part way through Season 2 of Love/Hate. Pretty good so far.

Also first 6 episodes of 3 Body Problem. Have liked what I have seen, though am more intrigued by the plot than the characters.

But the real revelation has been the Australian crime series Underbelly. Each season is based on true life events involving drug dealers. Some truly memorable characters in the first two seasons (again am half-way through the second one).

Should appeal to fans of Mr Inbetween, Kin, Gomorrah, The Wire, The Shield and the aforementioned Love/Hate. Think it’s available on Amazon Prime.

Part way through Season 2 of Love/Hate. Pretty good so far.

Also first 6 episodes of 3 Body Problem. Have liked what I have seen, though am more intrigued by the plot than the characters.

But the real revelation has been the Australian crime series Underbelly. Each season is based on true life events involving drug dealers. Some truly memorable characters in the first two seasons (again am half-way through the second one).

Should appeal to fans of Mr Inbetween, Kin, Gomorrah, The Wire, The Shield and the aforementioned Love/Hate. Think it’s available on Amazon Prime.
its a jungle out there , loved it

Like it, we are working our way through.

Some good spots with "Little Finger" from Game of Throne prominent in the first few series.

Then, the guy from the film " Saltburn" as a young lad.

Good series

Is Dublin really like this
As someone who couldn't stick with the series as it hits a little too close to home(town) for entertainment purposes I would say yes, there is definitely an underworld like this depicted in the show. Some of the characters arguably based on real criminals. It's obviously all dramatised and overblown though and all always thought the acting was shite in this one though some of the actors went on to bigger things

Last edited:
its a jungle out there , loved it

It’s a great cast in Season 1 but Kat Stewart as the wonderfully foul-mouthed Roberta Williams was the standout. The way she speaks to her daughter!

Imagine having her for your mum and Carl for your stepdad.

I saw Giancarlo Esposito had a new TV show and I'd thought I'd give it go as he's an awesome actor. New TV show, a lead actor. Why could go wrong?!

'Parish' is what.

As much as I like Esposito, this effort shows he's never a lead. With him being an executive producer as well, he had a lot riding on this. I'm quite patient, but I found myself bored after 15 mins and forcing myself to stick out the poor pacing, forced dialogue and not caring at all what happens to anyone. Fell to the same traps of not knowing how to depict the Bayou as anything but what it did.

Shockingly boring.

I saw Giancarlo Esposito had a new TV show and I'd thought I'd give it go as he's an awesome actor. New TV show, a lead actor. Why could go wrong?!

'Parish' is what.

As much as I like Esposito, this effort shows he's never a lead. With him being an executive producer as well, he had a lot riding on this. I'm quite patient, but I found myself bored after 15 mins and forcing myself to stick out the poor pacing, forced dialogue and not caring at all what happens to anyone. Fell to the same traps of not knowing how to depict the Bayou as anything but what it did.

Shockingly boring.

Is it not teeing up for next few episodes? Sometimes you get new series where it's slow so you get the feel for the series the story the characters..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.