TV Series

Anyone else watched a Netflix series just called 'Dark' ?

It's German with sub-titles about a weird town next to a nuclear power plant, disappearing kids and other strange happenings.

Watched 4 episodes and it's a steady 7.5 or 8/10

Did you get through the rest yet ? Did it turn crap ?

Did you get through the rest yet ? Did it turn crap ?

I finished Series 1 a couple of days after i posted, and it stays good, with the usual tempter/hook for a second series.

I expect it to be pretty much marmite to people depending on their viewing tastes. If you like Sci-fi 12 monkeys type time paradox/ cause & effect type stuff you should like it and probably rate it a steady 7.5/10.

The series revolves around the same characters over 3 different time-lines, and sometimes it's difficult to identify/ remember who is who when it jumps time-lines. Also as the series progresses other characters come to the fore in a certain timeline which has you constantly trying to remember/re-assess what they were doing in the other timelines. In one respect this is good because as one 'mystery' is revealed, others get introduced.

Therefore if someone is expecting just some light entertainment, i can understand them rating it as too complicated and dog-shite and a low 3/10.

My one concern though is for series 2, as right at the end of series 1 another timeline gets hinted at, and i don't know if i could handle 4 simultaneous timelines or that a 4th timeline veers totally away from those in the first series

That's from a Stephen King trilogy I am reading the 2nd book at the moment
I read the book - didn't know it was part of a trilogy - is that just in terms of the TV series or in books as well?
Loved the book - TBH didn't know it had been made into a series

I read the book - didn't know it was part of a trilogy - is that just in terms of the TV series or in books as well?
Loved the book - TBH didn't know it had been made into a series

Didn't know made in TV series either, 2nd book continues on from end of first one

I finished Series 1 a couple of days after i posted, and it stays good, with the usual tempter/hook for a second series.

I expect it to be pretty much marmite to people depending on their viewing tastes. If you like Sci-fi 12 monkeys type time paradox/ cause & effect type stuff you should like it and probably rate it a steady 7.5/10.

The series revolves around the same characters over 3 different time-lines, and sometimes it's difficult to identify/ remember who is who when it jumps time-lines. Also as the series progresses other characters come to the fore in a certain timeline which has you constantly trying to remember/re-assess what they were doing in the other timelines. In one respect this is good because as one 'mystery' is revealed, others get introduced.

Therefore if someone is expecting just some light entertainment, i can understand them rating it as too complicated and dog-shite and a low 3/10.

My one concern though is for series 2, as right at the end of series 1 another timeline gets hinted at, and i don't know if i could handle 4 simultaneous timelines or that a 4th timeline veers totally away from those in the first series

I watched the first 3 episodes through on Saturday after intending to take a quick peek at it. Not had time today, there's been a game ya know, but am kean to carry on with it. Interesting stuff although I'm thinking it could hurt my brain trying to keep up.

Just finished watching 'Broken' a Jimmy McGovern written series
starring Sean Bean
Absolutely brilliant, Bean is such a great actor.
Its the day after now and I can still hear his priests voice in my head

Without going through 858 pages has anyone watched Making a Murderer on Netflix , fuck me the Police in Manitowoc in Wisconson must be the most corrupt of all time. I really couldn't believe that they fit an innocent bloke up twice and that he's still in prison, along with his nephew who has the mental age of a ten year old. It's truly disgraceful what these cops and district attorneys have got away with.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.