TV Series

After making my way through the excellent first season of True Detective, I am now watching Bates Motel on Netflix.

I’m only on episode 5 but it’s shown promise thus far. Though Norman (I think it’s the guy who played Charlie in Tim Burton’s Willy Wonka remake) is somewhat annoying at times.

I’m kind of bummed I can’t seem to find the latest season of AHS on either Netflix or NowTV.

Loved the books (Shannara Chronicles) Watched the 1st and 2nd series. Thought it got better each episode. If i hadnt read the books i probably wouldnt have watched it.
Its been canceled now.

Did you no Ivana Baquero who plays Eretria in Shannara was the girl in Pans Labyrinth.

http://variety.com/2018/tv/news/shannara-chronciles-canceled-spike-paramount-network-1202666359/

images

It would be pretty hard going without knowing the books, as there was minimal set-up.
Even the first series was a little hard to follow, and the relatively unknown younger cast members weren't that good.
Haven't watched the second yet.

Loved the books (Shannara Chronicles) Watched the 1st and 2nd series. Thought it got better each episode. If i hadnt read the books i probably wouldnt have watched it.
Its been canceled now.

Did you no Ivana Baquero who plays Eretria in Shannara was the girl in Pans Labyrinth.

http://variety.com/2018/tv/news/shannara-chronciles-canceled-spike-paramount-network-1202666359/

images
Her and Manu Bennett are probably the only redeeming features of it, everyone else is fucking awful. The first series was only pretty bad, the second is genuinely awful imo. They are just pissing all over the books, none of it even resembles them and the writing is as bad as the acting. I don't get why they decided to buy the rights to the books but then just write their own, completely different and infinitely worse story? Using some real characters, some who they've kept the name but completely changed the character and then some they've plucked out of their arse even though they make no sense at all. There is so much source material, it's unclear to me why they'd hire terrible TV writers to just replace it all with shit generic plots.

I don't know why I've subjected myself to it, but I've been watching the second series of the Shannara Chronicles on Netflix and jesus Christ is it an abortion. I really liked the books (not the first one which is almost a scene for scene copy of LotR, but the next ones are good generic fantasy fun) so I really wanted the show to at least be alright, but it's just so fucking awful.

The acting is terrible, the plot is all over the place and they don't remotely stick to even the fucking time frame of the books. They've crowbarred characters from hundreds of years later into the series, changed everything about them except their name and then given them shitty storylines that make no sense. Honestly, I've no idea how Terry Brooks agreed to this or why anyone thought this tween sack of shite would be popular. I have to assume Terry has an expensive coke problem and needed the scratch.

I loved the Shannara books growing up and have this on my watchlist, having read this maybe I shouldn’t spoil my feelings towards Brooks.

On a related note, if done well (never a sure thing), Brooks’ The Word and Void books could make brilliant TV viewing imo.

I loved the Shannara books growing up and have this on my watchlist, having read this maybe I shouldn’t spoil my feelings towards Brooks.

On a related note, if done well (never a sure thing), Brooks’ The Word and Void books could make brilliant TV viewing imo.
The first series isn't awful, it's just dumbed down to how stupid the TV execs think tweens are. It does at least vaguely stick to the characters and plot of the book so you might be able to sort of enjoy it, or at least parts of it as it does at least remind you of a great book (even if it butchers some great parts of it).

The second series genuinely ends with a blinged out black lesbian Queen of Leah in her giant blinged out golden castle informing everyone that it's now "time to rebuild" and that the important thing is that "love conquers all" and that "good will triumph over evil". Written with a crayon

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.