TV Series

There's something starting on BBC2 next Wednesday (I think) about a ship in the arctic ocean (it looks like), set in Victorian times?. Caught a glimpse of it being previewed between Only Connect and University Challenge last night. I didn't catch the name of the show and this is what annoys me on the BBC/ITV, they advertise something so far ahead, I can't set a recording or reminder for it and then tend to forget about it.

EDIT: It's "The Terror", didn't catch it last time round (2018).
Excellent, wanted to see this first time round but missed it. The follow up, Infamy, is not meant to be nearly as good but The Terror is highly rated.

No offence mate, but gritty underbelly? Pure fantasy this show. Lived here 5 years and it's the least 'gritty' place I've ever lived. Full of vegan hipsters and upper-middle class, startup culture wankers.
Neukölln, where a great deal of the show is based, certainly has a tasty scene, and that is from first hand experience... the Turkish/Kurdish gangs are certainly not to be sniffed at, they are ruthless, which is kind of the point!

Neukölln, where a great deal of the show is based, certainly has a tasty scene, and that is from first hand experience... the Turkish/Kurdish gangs are certainly not to be sniffed at, they are ruthless, which is kind of the point!
Used to live on Sonnenallee (fairly close to Karl Marx Strasse). If you know Berlin, you'll know exactly where I'm talking about. People used to talk it up as some kind crime-ridden ghetto. It was all fairly placid. Certainly compared to when I lived in London, Palermo and Marseille.

No offence mate, but gritty underbelly? Pure fantasy this show. Lived here 5 years and it's the least 'gritty' place I've ever lived. Full of vegan hipsters and upper-middle class, startup culture wankers.
Which begs the question, why on earth do you live there?

Which begs the question, why on earth do you live there?
Haha. Good question. I work for a German TV channel based in Berlin. I'm off to the US to work in a similar role in a few weeks though.

I get why people enjoy Berlin. It's a fun place for a visit. Living here is a different matter.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.