TV Series

Shane Meadows’ new one was really watchable on bbc2 tonight I thought.

I fully expect by mentioning which channel it was on, to now receive a number of posts in reply from people saying what a joke the bbc is etc and proudly telling us how they don’t pay the licence fee anyway blah blah, but I thought it made for compulsive viewing.
The music was first rate too.
Did read something about that the other day - presume it's on the iPlayer.

Thanks for the recommendation - I'll give it a watch!
Brace yourself, there are 16 episodes and it extremely slow with some 'over the top acting - I suppose that is Korean way, but it is also very stylish and polished. I suppose like Squid Games and Parasite, it is a commentary modern Korean society. Great watch, an equivalent to a doorstopper book.

Afternoon gang.since im not alowed on other thraeds i thoght id ask if anybody has sen this how. the trialer doesnt realy show what the atory is.its made me think on it andlife alot

I bet it does.
This documentary (if that's what it is) should be seen as a very important piece of social history from the viewpoint of those that survived those times (can I say survived?) and a groundbreaking piece of journalism. Again not sure if it comes under that banner, but in my opinion should be award winning and inserted into any modern day social history type curriculum. My total respect for everybody who went on camera to be filmed. That can't have been easy and you can feel the tension and emotion is still raw as hell. On either side. Brilliant.

And here I am at work moaning about the congestion charge.
Second one very tough watch. I've read John Chambers book (guy who thought mum had died) and Terry Hooley biography

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.