TV Series

I very much liked LOST and The Leftovers.

Looking for a new series to start and a few over time on here have mentioned - Fringe.
Most recently yourself and you are giving it huge praise.

Watched the first 2 episodes and I presume it hugely improves? Ha.
It’s pretty corny so far. I’m happy to go along with the silliness but I’m hoping it gets a bit better? I’ll stick with it though.

It’s sort of like the X-Files.

'Fringe' is one of my favourite shows ever. 'Walter' is a HOOT for one!

But, that aside, the first series does run into formulaic issues as it tries to keep viewers on-side and within a trusted framework.

It's genius comes when it leaves that space after the first series and becomes more adventurous in its thought process.

I like shows that are not afraid to be different.

Not watched Fringe for a while, but I remember the earlier episodes being more focused on a 'monster of the week' formulaic kinda thing whilst introducing the main characters. Then it got awesome and stayed that way.

Just read yours as I was reading and posting along.

Your review was simple and very accurate.

I like my European crime series and just started the new French series Blood Coast on Netflix. Promising.
I'll need to give it a try, my issues with French TV shows is I compare them all to Engrenages and naturally they all fade in comparison to it.
I've just finished a decent Swedish 6-part crime-drama, A Nearly Normal Family.

'Fringe' is one of my favourite shows ever. 'Walter' is a HOOT for one!

But, that aside, the first series does run into formulaic issues as it tries to keep viewers on-side and within a trusted framework.

It's genius comes when it leaves that space after the first series and becomes more adventurous in its thought process.

I like shows that are not afraid to be different.
I loved fringe and watched it because I had enjoyed Person of Interest with Jim Caviezel and Michael Emerson and someone recomended that as similar but better.

I loved both tbf but fringe was slightly more fun.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.