Two bayern fans stabbed in Naples last night

Manchester la la la la

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.sport.co.uk/news/Football/58331/Two_Bayern_fans_stabbed_in_Naples.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.sport.co.uk/news/Football/58 ... aples.aspx</a>

Two Bayern Munich fans were stabbed in Naples on Monday night ahead of Tuesday's Champions League clash between Napoli and the German team, Italian news agency Ansa reported.

The two men, aged 42 and 47, suffered slight injuries and were taken to the Loreto Mare hospital in the city.

According to witnesses, the men were walking along a road heading towards the main square in the city Piazza Garibaldi when some men on a pair of motorbikes pulled up alongside them and stabbed them in the shoulders with a knife.

It is not the first time this kind of attack has happened in Naples, or even in Italy.

Last year several Liverpool fans were stabbed the night before a Europa League tie in this city while Rome has also had a history of such violence ahead of Champions League games, notably against visiting English teams but also a Real Madrid fan was stabbed in the thigh a few years a go.

Glad I aint going to this one!

I fancy going but if I do it will be on the Thomas Cook day trip. Should be fine on that as the trouble always seem to be the night before the game

Will take more than that to stop me going, were staying in Sorento and travelling by coach into Naples on the day of the game!

Piazza Garibaldi has already been highlighted on here as a place to avoid, especially after dark.

malg said:
Can't help thinking that if away fans were regularly stabbed in this country UEFA would take action (ban?).

Not in cases like this they wouldn't, UEFA only act on incidents within the stadia, hence why Rangers weren't punished for the 2008 riots in Manchester.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.