Two minors suspended by club for offensive chanting at Brighton game | 17 year old charged by GMP (p29)

Club can't win on this one.
If they announced they'd 'had a word' with the culprits they would've been criticised, by the rag loving media, for the lack of sanctions.
And it would be brought up at every future opportunity, you can bet your life on that.

Ban them and supporters criticise them for their heavy handedness.

I'll be quiet not respectful.
And only because I don't want to be suspended and miss any matches.
It's censorship.
Nonsense. It's called having empathy and some humanity. Both seem to be missing from far too many people nowadays, and I don't think it only started from the original lockdown either.

I'm going to play devil's advocate here...

I am not sure if the lads had STs but it wouldn't surprise me if the club are looking for any excuse to ban ST holders so they can increase matchday availability where they make higher margin. The club don’t care who attends the games (even neutral fans) as long as they pay high ticket prices and spend a fortune in the club shop. Pep should call out the club's ticketing strategy next time he isn't happy with the atmosphere.

I've seen much worse behaviour at home games over the years from older fans, the club are pandering to the media whilst increasing matchday revenue.
Christ, there's been some crap posted on this thread but you may well have taken the biscuit there. Well done.

The club have been heavy handed and the Woke Agenda has won. How many would be at the Etihad now had the club banned all those that sang “having a party when Fergie dies” back in the day.
The whole point of the media attention on this is to garner sympathy for our next opponents and put City in a bad light.

Club can't win on this one.
If they announced they'd 'had a word' with the culprits they would've been criticised, by the rag loving media, for the lack of sanctions.
And it would be brought up at every future opportunity, you can bet your life on that.

Ban them and supporters criticise them for their heavy handedness.
Banning them is fine, I think it’s the police charging one of them for it that’s annoyed most people.

As mentioned - the club have bowed to the media yet again. We didn’t even get a name of the person that scarred the young girl for life against Liverpool.

The desperation the media have to dig dirt on our club is hitting new lows , a couple of teenagers post a video insulting the reputation of a Yoonited player and it makes headlines , there are probably dozens of similar videos from other clubs fans about their rivals but it isnt newsworthy , because it doesnt involve the best football club in the world and "Saint Bobby".
At least the media can count the £££ from the clicks the millions of Rags & Dippers provide , its all about the money.

Nonsense. It's called having empathy and some humanity. Both seem to be missing from far too many people nowadays, and I don't think it only started from the original lockdown either.
Context mate.

In the unlikely event I met the ticket touts widow or children I'd extend my heartfelt and sincere condolences and mean it.

At a football match I'll behave differently.

And it is censorship.

The club have been heavy handed and the Woke Agenda has won. How many would be at the Etihad now had the club banned all those that sang “having a party when Fergie dies” back in the day.
The whole point of the media attention on this is to garner sympathy for our next opponents and put City in a bad light.

It's got nothing to do with "The Woke Agenda". "Woke" types couldn't give a shit about this sort of stuff. In fact the kind of people that like to see the book thrown at others for things like this tend to be more more socially conservative/tough on crime types.

But we're not "back in the day", it's 2023 and society has moved on. People are acting like they've been thrown in the gulag.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.