Two minors suspended by club for offensive chanting at Brighton game | 17 year old charged by GMP (p29)

I can’t recall any club ever commenting on a social media post of a few kids singing a silly song on the concourse before.

We can only guess but if the club hadn’t highlighted it by rushing out this official apology, my guess is it would have got no further than a few opposition fans sharing in on Twitter.
Did the club apologise before the press picked up on it?

Most of the headlines I saw highlighted City’s reaction to it more than the incident itself. So I’d say yes.
The person who posted it must have tagged the club in to the post then for them to pick up on it and have an apology drafted and sent out before the press reported it.
I suspect it's more likely that the press had found it and asked the club for a response while they were writing their story and City tried to get ahead of it.

Did the police ask them for the names?
It'd be interesting to know how they knew who they were, did they use the CCTV to track them to their seats and get their names that way.
The family for one of the kids came forward to the club, I’m assuming thinking it would be a slap on the wrist. Not turn into a police charge.

The person who posted it must have tagged the club in to the post then for them to pick up on it and have an apology drafted and sent out before the press reported it.
I suspect it's more likely that the press had found it and asked the club for a response while they were writing their story and City tried to get ahead of it.

I’ve no idea about the chain of events. All I do know is, as I said originally, that I’ve never known any other club feel the need to make official statements about a bit of singing on the concourse. And I don’t think there was any need here, whether they were asked about it by the press or not.

I work for the club and I know 100% it was City that informed GMP of the lads names.

Whilst I agree that i don't think the police should even be getting involved with something like this, if they've asked the club for the names I wouldn't expect the club to go out on a limb to protect their identities. At the end of the day, the police are a key stakeholder and they're not going to risk that relationship to protect two little idiots whose behaviour has created a problem for the club. Nothing will happen to them, they'll be fine.

I’ve no idea about the chain of events. All I do know is, as I said originally, that I’ve never known any other club feel the need to make official statements about a bit of singing on the concourse. And I don’t think there was any need here, whether they were asked about it by the press or not.
As a club, we also made a statement about the Villa keeper getting ‘hit’ by a pitch invader, apologising and saying we’ll find the culprit BEFORE Villa released their own statement saying he wasn’t hit and there’s no issue.

We are very scared of the media, too scared and a lot of the time shoot ourselves in the foot.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.