Txiki Begiristain set to leave role at end of season

The X comments are hilarious!

If true, that’s not great unless seamless transition with a Pep “friend” is sliding into that role.

It would not be good to see the Big 3 all leave together, esp if the 115 are not resolved.

Never a dull moment, but if Pep really is in Dubai and no news of an extension is incoming, then one senses the end of the Pep era and the beginning of quest for a relatively seamless transition.

With big contracts up and some of our best players being poached by all and sundry, it really could lead to a sea change.

However, NOTHING can change what has been accomplished since 2008, the silverware, the records, the emotions, and, quite frankly, the grown man tears this club has produced for me.

The club is financially solid and there’s no reason it cannot continue at the very top of the PL and CL for many, many years to come, esp given the Academy, the facilities and the quality of the ownership.

One thing I do wonder, though, will City be owned by American owners in the next decade? It feels inevitable and given the ROI of the potential sale of a club at the very pinnacle of the commercial revenue table, it might feel very attractive to Mansour going forward.

Thoughts for another day, perhaps, but the world keeps turning and life (and business) evolves.
One thing we are brilliant at is the continuity and the seamless transition of the manager/member of staff replacements.
I have absolutely no worries of txiki leaving.

Last edited:
Obvs a nervy time for us but finding out if we can successfully transition into the next era is an important step for us that needs to happen for us eventually. If we can navigate this changing of the guard and keep winning trophies then we're in really great shape to keep competing for the long haul.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.