Txiki Begiristain set to leave role at end of season

Not a bad appointment at all if the Viana rumours are true.

Took over the Sporting director role in 2018.

In the six years prior to his appointment (2012 to 2018), Sporting won 0 league titles (finished in 3rd on average), 1 Portuguese Cup, 1 Portuguese League Cup, and reached the quarter-finals of the Europa League. In the six years since his appointment (2018 to 2024), they've won 2 league titles, 1 Portuguese Cup, 2 Portuguese League Cups, and reached the last 16 of the Champions League (pretty sure it was us who knocked them out?).

The club has definitely progressed under his leadership.

I presume you hit 60 and are away from home - yep he has seen a bit of success and I suspect if he goes home he can supplement his income with bar work ha ha ha ha - guy has done so well probably minted fancies at 60 going back home and will lad a good job in Spanish football if he even wants to.

Don't you think it will be by the end of the season ?
I havent got a clue mate, i would hope so but it wouldnt surprise me if some part of it dragged on.
I have been very naive about these charges, thinking i'll be glad when it's all over and we can go back to just talking football but in the court of public opinion and the media, we'll always be guilty and that pisses me right off.
Anyway, thanks Txiki for everything, you'll be missed

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.