Txiki Begiristain set to leave role at end of season

What about Benfica's DOF he seems to buy lots of quality and sells for a huge profit?
Know nothing about him but buying cheap selling for a profit is a very different model to ours.We can't develop players the way they can, because basically we have to win all the time. Although we do do a bit of buying cheap and selling on the side.

dont even know who replaced the mole Berrada, so imo it will be a small team that will take over from Txiki. there are wide number of things Txiki was doing in terms of academy, scouting, CFG stuff overall planning. I am sure he had a good team helping him and some of those may get some promotion as well as one more famous name joining who may only deals with specifically transfer negotiating and contract renewals etc.

Shame Txiki is leaving. Has done a wonderful job at the club. He is one of the reasons Pep feels so comfortable at the club. Someone who worked at the club told me we have a very tight group at the top in Khaldoon, Soriano, Txiki & Pep - all are on the same page.

One of those pieces is now moving - if Pep does stay, the new DoF will need to move in and keep that bond.
I was/am convinced Pep will still go at the end of this season and the new DoF will bring in his own man. Maybe this is the reason we haven't really spent big for a couple of years - as maybe the playing style may change slightly and the new man doesn't want to be left with players he doesn't want.

Someone told me both were tired due to the intensity of what has been at City and the treble was like a massive icing on the cake. Pep then saw the 4 Peat as a challenge.

Txiki at 60 deserves time to chill. Not sure on what I read that its only a break while he looks for a new challenge. That was interesting.

Good Luck and thanks Txiki.

I`m hoping there`s an element of continuity here. Pep signs for another period while Txiki`s replacement gets his feet under the table to work with him. And then in time Pep moves on and the new manager walks into an already stable environment. Having Pep and Txiki leaving at the same time might be too much of a hurdle.

Sad to see him leave, he's been an integral part of our success over the last decade or so and by all accounts a really nice guy. Can't begrudge him deciding to wind down though, and it must be tempting for him to enjoy retirement back home in San Sebastian. It's some legacy he leaves behind, not least the crucial role he played in bringing Guardiola to the club. All the best Txiki!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.