Txiki Begiristain...

Mike D said:
Kompany is King said:
Signing of Txiki Begiristain is another step in the right direction and hopefully takes some of the pressure off the Mancini/Marwood relationship e.g. the recent transfer window issues.

Marwood is toast and won't be giving anyone, they have marginalized him and put him in charge of the academy and he doesn't get the message from that he'll be in charge of ball boy recruitment by next season.

Even as the academy is where we are really intent on spending some money?

Shands said:
Didsbury Dave said:
I am willing to bet the first significant thing this pair do is set up a deal for balotelli somewhere, as long as they can find a buyer.

That would save enough to pay off Mancini if he doesn't win the league in itself ;-)

Well if there's any substance in these links to Jovetic that keep coming up then one of the four up top would presumably be making way, and as it stands Mario looks to be at front of the line by the out door. Would Mancini be that upset to see him go? I'm not so sure now.

I know this is off-topic but are these fresh links or the same one's from the summer?

I'd rather have Jovetic than Falcao(CALM THE FUCK DOWN FOOTBALL MANAGER FAN-BOYS!) Jovetic would be a better fit and will is younger and will be cheaper.A lot cheaper, this kid is as good as Tevez just now.

Kun Aguero said:
I know this is off-topic but are these fresh links or the same one's from the summer?

There are fresh links as Angelo Gregucci said the other day he's on our wanted list. Maybe Angelo should focus more on learning English and sorting the defence out than revealing our targets though.

Bad news is though Real Madrid sent a scout to watch Jovetic this weekend! Going to be a top player for sure.

I think many are in danger on here of contemplating their own navel rather than looking objectively at the two appointments made today and in August.

Firstly, I don't think the Sheikh or his advisers have any “agenda” aimed at Brian Marwood or Roberto Mancini, though I suspect that the original intention to reduce expenditure in the transfer market was theirs. It was probably modified late on because of Roberto's insistence that more players were needed but this is a sign of the strength of Roberto's position rather than its weakness. I don't think Van Persie was considered good business and I think Hazard's demands were considered unacceptable. Our owners now exactly what they are doing and they work to plan – in fact they have plans of what should be achieved in the next 6 months, a year 3 years, 5 years and so on. They do not press blithely on and then react in a state of panic. FFPR will not be something they have not thought about! Nor would they give Roberto a new 5 year contract after he had delivered the title ahead of schedule but then bring in two new executives and be dazzled by the thought that Guardiola might be brought in.

I also can't see that thay are manoeuvring to get rid of Marwood. The players he brought in seem to have done well enough – we are the champions. Nor does Marwood's position seem to have been weakened by his new job. The owners stressed, on the day they took over, the importance of youth development and they are spending the thick end of £200 million on the new training facilities. Again Brian Marwood's new job seems a sign of trust and confidence rather than a demotion.

The new appointments are, in fact, a continuation and development of existing policy rather than a palace coup or revolution. The two did excellent work at Barcelona, particularly in the fields of finance and the ethos and image of the club. Sorriano has been a target almost since the day Gary Cooke resigned and the club has shown patience in waiting for him to be free. This does not suggest any rush to sack anyone, but rather another step in a long term vision and process.

What I do fail to understand, after years of sitting watching second rate City teams yo yo between the divisions, is why, when we are enjoying success we thought had gone forever, under the best owners in the world, some supporters have to have this attitude that the club, and in particular them personally, are being betrayed by employees from within. There are always players who should be shipped out, executives who should be shown the door and managers who must get every player a group of fans want – or be shot for counter-revolution. I was used to a City which hardly ever won: now the expect a City which, not only wins all the time but gives them exactly what they want in football immediately. Those people used only to inhabit a swamp near here...

Txiki will have his fingers on the pulse of La Liga. As someone already said there are a lot of good players at poor or debt ridden clubs in La Liga who could in particular be good squad players without paying OTT in our new era of prudency. Like Michu at Swansea, would anyone object to him being a squad player? Not necessarily a first choice but someone in the rotation system. Attacking midfielder who scored 15 goals last season for Vallecano and has 6 goals in 9 for Swansea which would have been 7 in 9 if not for a tremendous Joe Hart save. Cost £2million.

squirtyflower said:
Danamy said:
We've just sent the Lanson back and ordered Cristal

Let the games begin...............
Cristal's a bit girly, I hope it wasn't the premier Crüe Lanson

Lanson always gave me indigestion, this guy will only give us a good future.........I'm excited

Danamy said:
squirtyflower said:
Danamy said:
We've just sent the Lanson back and ordered Cristal

Let the games begin...............
Cristal's a bit girly, I hope it wasn't the premier Crüe Lanson

Lanson always gave me indigestion, this guy will only give us a good future.........I'm excited

Black or green label?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.