Txiki Begiristain...

dref619 said:
shevtheblue said:
Guardiola was the one that let yaya go, might be curtains for him IF Pep does come and more importantly for our fuckin chant!
From an interview i read on Ballagues site, it sounds like he put Barcas success on Ronaldinho being the number 10 to allow them to get in the best players so he might be looking for that level of superstar. Cant think of many, Neymar maybe?

Guardiola was very vocal that he didn't want Yaya to go. Yaya wanted out to play football
That may have been the case, but Guardiola was the one that took yaya out for basquets in the first place so there must be something he doesnt fancy since basquets is a cock.

I know this is a forum for discussion, but I don't understand why anyone on bluemoon can say with such certainty whether we will or won't get through FFP. Nobody on this forum has the full facts of our financial position and strategy. The yearly accounts that are published are simply not enough to form an intelligent conclusion of what is afoot.

Let's be quite clear, we have serious operators in charge of the business side of the club, with resources to seek the very best of help from third parties should they need it. Nothing will be a surprise to them and every business plan they enter into will have a few contingencies should it not play out as initally expected. We have made no secret to the fact we opened our books to UEFA much earlier than we had to. I'm no fan of UEFA but they have said the plan is not to throw clubs out of competitions, but to be there to guide them and help them meet the requirements.

Damocles - I won't question your knowledge of FFP, but your statement on signing RVP and Hazard means us failing FFP was just silly. There is no way we would have bid for those players if it would then put the club in peril, and i'd be absolutely amazed if the club had put themselves into a position where signing a player, or two, for big money would be all it needed for us to fail FFP.

Sheikh Mansour and his team are simply not that amateur.

Its obvious as fans that we want to understand the business side of the club as much as the playing side, especially given the issues we have had in the board room for the last X number of years, but we need to learn to sit back and let them run the show, they are more than capable. We should be able to be excited about a signing without worrying if the club have just put us in serious trouble off the pitch.

shevtheblue said:
dref619 said:
shevtheblue said:
Guardiola was the one that let yaya go, might be curtains for him IF Pep does come and more importantly for our fuckin chant!
From an interview i read on Ballagues site, it sounds like he put Barcas success on Ronaldinho being the number 10 to allow them to get in the best players so he might be looking for that level of superstar. Cant think of many, Neymar maybe?

Guardiola was very vocal that he didn't want Yaya to go. Yaya wanted out to play football
That may have been the case, but Guardiola was the one that took yaya out for basquets in the first place so there must be something he doesnt fancy since basquets is a cock.

It's Busquets and since he really is a cock, he's a superb player though.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
Dodge MCFC said:
Were these two any good at Barcelona and why did they leave ? Two very important questions that need answering i would imagine ?

And this is MANCHESTER CITY not Barcelona ! I dont want my club MANCHESTER CITY to become or resemble or any other spin off of Barcelona !

Marwood was shite though :)

Laporta left in 2010 and Begiristain left with him at the end of Laporta's presidency, Soriano resigned in 2008 after taking their revenues from 13th to 2nd highest in the world.

During their time they signed:

Ronaldinho, Marquez, Quaresma, Larsson, Giuly, Edmilson, Belletti, Deco, Eto'o, Sylvinho, Van Bommel, Zambrotta, Thuram, Gudjohnsen, Henry, G Milito, Yaya Toure, Abidal, Keita, Pique, Caceres, Dani Alves, Hleb, Henrique, Ibrahimovic, Maxwell, Keirrison, Chygrynskyi,

promoted from the youth:

Iniesta, Valdes, Messi, G Dos Santos, Bojan, Busquets, Pedro, Jeffren

Left:

Fabregas(first summer, poached), Geovanni, Kluivert, Riquelme, Reiziger, Luis Garcia(Liverpool), Saviola, Navarro, Rochemback, Maxi Lopez, Van Bommel, Larsson, Giuly, Belletti, Thiago Motta, Edmilson, Zambrotta, G Dos Santos, Deco, Ronaldinho, Eto'o, Gudjohnsen.

The net on all that is -€264.65m, Mancini has spent about £250m I think.

Looks promising.

shevtheblue said:
dref619 said:
shevtheblue said:

Busquets is an accomplished player and has great ball distribution, when Barca don't play him they miss his qualities. Very underrated player by the majority of British.

Barca were willing to let Yaya go because Yaya wanted first team football, to play in positions he enjoys and of course good wages. By selling Yaya they bought Fabregas with fee and wages saved and had their Catalonian boy come home. Also youth is with Busquets and they plan for the future. They put Mascherano at CB rather than Busquets normally even though size wise you'd opposite, yet another world class player moved out for Busquets, even though he acts like a twat do not take away from his ability. World class that lad, those pining for DDR need to look at him, why blow £millions on a player nearing the end when you can sign a proven world class player with his prime in front of him.

Damocles said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Damocles said:
To pass FFP, we are talking margins of 10m being deal breakers. We are sailing that close to the edge.

Our big winner is that they discount some wages signed before 2010. I say two years not because of compensation but because it will get us out of the first Monitoring Period and presuming we continue commercial growth, we can afford to sack him.

I cannot see any possible way we can sign big in January unless we sell a big player.

In regards to the CL finances, if we sacked Mancini and his staff, brought in a new manager and his staff and could do so in under 20m then it could be done. But if this new manager doesn't go to the semis or later, we're buggered financially.

I don't see the rush if I'm honest. It's safer to wait two years which also will help our coefficient and get easier groups, than needlessly gamble away the financial or competition sanctions. We should be thinking about a period of consolidation to align our finances with other clubs and FFP.

The first MP we should be ok, it's the second one which I'm concerned about.

Sorry pal, you are well wide of the mark on this one.

You are essentially stating our owners are prepared to to sit on their hands for the next two years at least, regardless of results on the field, in lip-service to FFPR.

I'm sure they have been prudent enough to include various caveats in Bobby's contract, otherwise why offer him five years, why not four, or three?

It's a contradiction in terms to suggest our owners are long-term thinkers because they believe Bobby is the right man in charge, yet not accommodate future bumps in the road.

As for our financial figures, a couple more weeks, and we'll all get to see what they look like.

I also expect the January window to enlighten a lot more people as to the new direction we will be taking.
i

I'm stating nothing of the sort. I said that that is what I would do in the best interests long term. I made no comment on the owner or his plans.

For those who seem to be pointing at transfer bids put in, you're haven't thought this through. RVP wouldn't come in and us have five strikers, one would go which would make it like for like financially. Same for the rest.

In regards to Tolm, I don't have your sources mate but I so have a very good knowledge of FFP and have spent the last couple of years studying whether we can hit it. All projections say we should be ok in MP1 if we don't have a splurge. MP2 is up in the air and relying pn increased commercial revenue. Either way, how's about a friendly wager? For every million net we spend in Jan under 50m you give me a pound and every million spent over 50m I give you a pound?

Unless we have literally cheated, have decided that despite working with UEFA for three years we are now ignoring FFP, or we start selling players for big money, we can't afford a fifty million spend in Jan.

Sorry, must have read you wrong, possibly because it was with regard an earlier post.

I thought you had cited the tight margins for FFPR as a reason why we can't afford to sack Mancini at some point over the duration of his contract?

I simply wanted state our owner would never be hamstrung to this extent.

As for your bet, I do anticipate the sale of a 'big' player in January, so, in best laid plans, let me get back to you ;)

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Damocles said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Sorry pal, you are well wide of the mark on this one.

You are essentially stating our owners are prepared to to sit on their hands for the next two years at least, regardless of results on the field, in lip-service to FFPR.

I'm sure they have been prudent enough to include various caveats in Bobby's contract, otherwise why offer him five years, why not four, or three?

It's a contradiction in terms to suggest our owners are long-term thinkers because they believe Bobby is the right man in charge, yet not accommodate future bumps in the road.

As for our financial figures, a couple more weeks, and we'll all get to see what they look like.

I also expect the January window to enlighten a lot more people as to the new direction we will be taking.
i

I'm stating nothing of the sort. I said that that is what I would do in the best interests long term. I made no comment on the owner or his plans.

For those who seem to be pointing at transfer bids put in, you're haven't thought this through. RVP wouldn't come in and us have five strikers, one would go which would make it like for like financially. Same for the rest.

In regards to Tolm, I don't have your sources mate but I so have a very good knowledge of FFP and have spent the last couple of years studying whether we can hit it. All projections say we should be ok in MP1 if we don't have a splurge. MP2 is up in the air and relying pn increased commercial revenue. Either way, how's about a friendly wager? For every million net we spend in Jan under 50m you give me a pound and every million spent over 50m I give you a pound?

Unless we have literally cheated, have decided that despite working with UEFA for three years we are now ignoring FFP, or we start selling players for big money, we can't afford a fifty million spend in Jan.

Sorry, must have read you wrong, possibly because it was with regard an earlier post.

I thought you had cited the tight margins for FFPR as a reason why we can't afford to sack Mancini at some point over the duration of his contract?

I simply wanted state our owner would never be hamstrung to this extent.

As for your bet, I do anticipate the sale of a 'big' player in January, so, in best laid plans, let me get back to you ;)

I could be wrong here but by "net" doesn't Damocles mean any sales would be added to the £50 million? If we were to sell half the squad of course we could afford to spend more.

If I have understood correctly, and you take the bet...you'll lose.

“In those discussions about whether to loan to Rangers, history and tradition played a role. I remember [Txiki] Begiristain and [Joan] Laporta, the old guys, the local guys, defending Iniesta very, very strongly and saying, 'No, this guy has talent, he has to stay', and they were proved right.

A little excerpt from Graham Hunters book about Barcelona. About a discussion between Barcas senior staff about letting Iniesta go on loan to Rangers

NipHolmes said:
Busquets is an accomplished player and has great ball distribution, when Barca don't play him they miss his qualities. Very underrated player by the majority of British.

Barca were willing to let Yaya go because Yaya wanted first team football, to play in positions he enjoys and of course good wages. By selling Yaya they bought Fabregas with fee and wages saved and had their Catalonian boy come home. Also youth is with Busquets and they plan for the future. They put Mascherano at CB rather than Busquets normally even though size wise you'd opposite, yet another world class player moved out for Busquets, even though he acts like a twat do not take away from his ability. World class that lad, those pining for DDR need to look at him, why blow £millions on a player nearing the end when you can sign a proven world class player with his prime in front of him.

Busquets is better at the role he is used in than Yaya, IMO. He wins more ball than Yaya and his mobility is better than Yaya's when it comes to chasing the ball down. Yaya probably has more all round game; especially offensively. If City, hypothetically speaking, bought Busquets, he'd replace Barry not Yaya in our best 11.

OB1 said:
NipHolmes said:

Busquets is better at the role he is used in than Yaya, IMO. He wins more ball than Yaya and his mobility is better than Yaya's when it comes to chasing the ball down. Yaya probably has more all round game; especially offensively. If City, hypothetically speaking, bought Busquets, he'd replace Barry not Yaya in our best 11.

Busquets is surely a better ball-winner, and yes, he offers less going forward than our rampaging water buffalo.

If Busquets were brought in, can you imagine Yaya's reaction? "Crikey, I didn't realize Manchester is the heart of Catalonia...!"

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.