Txiki Begiristain...

I watched Guillem on Revista before the Reading - Arsenal game, he mentioned how Txiki was so instrumental in the Guardiola appointment, not just for the Barca first team but for the Barca B prior.

Scott Minto asked him about if Txiki would want Pep, he said Chelsea, Bayern and Milan are interested - Terry Gibson said we would be obvious favourites appointing Pep now we have Txiki and Soriano but it would be up to Pep!

Scott Minto said would it be unfair on Mancini, Gibson said it is always unfair at the top, but Guardiola is the most in demand manager in world football currently!

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/transfer-rumours/121031/barcelona-director-rejects-man-city-offer-184253" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/ ... fer-184253</a>?

Barcelona director rejects Man City offer

Manchester City have been knocked back in their latest attempts to poach one of Barcelona's directors after being rejected by Raul Sanllehi.
There has been a revolution in City's boardroom in recent months, with Ferran Soriano being appointed as chief executive in August after he held a similar position at the Nou Camp.
And on Saturday night, the club confirmed Txiki Begiristain has been appointed as their new director of football, a position he held at Barcelona between 2008 and 2010.
But Spanish newspaper El Mundo Deportivo believe that City have also been attempting to poach Sanllehi, who has been responsible for negotiations such as the deal that took Cesc Fabregas from Arsenal to Barcelona.
Yet Sanllehi has seemingly decided to stay in Catalunya and has informed City that, although he was flattered by their offer, he has no intention of leaving the club.

BlueDejong said:
http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/transfer-rumours/121031/barcelona-director-rejects-man-city-offer-184253?

Barcelona director rejects Man City offer

Manchester City have been knocked back in their latest attempts to poach one of Barcelona's directors after being rejected by Raul Sanllehi.
There has been a revolution in City's boardroom in recent months, with Ferran Soriano being appointed as chief executive in August after he held a similar position at the Nou Camp.
And on Saturday night, the club confirmed Txiki Begiristain has been appointed as their new director of football, a position he held at Barcelona between 2008 and 2010.
But Spanish newspaper El Mundo Deportivo believe that City have also been attempting to poach Sanllehi, who has been responsible for negotiations such as the deal that took Cesc Fabregas from Arsenal to Barcelona.
Yet Sanllehi has seemingly decided to stay in Catalunya and has informed City that, although he was flattered by their offer, he has no intention of leaving the club.

Wow, City are getting hardcore now by poaching current Barca staff.

sam-caddick said:
I watched Guillem on Revista before the Reading - Arsenal game, he mentioned how Txiki was so instrumental in the Guardiola appointment, not just for the Barca first team but for the Barca B prior.

Scott Minto asked him about if Txiki would want Pep, he said Chelsea, Bayern and Milan are interested - Terry Gibson said we would be obvious favourites appointing Pep now we have Txiki and Soriano but it would be up to Pep!

Scott Minto said would it be unfair on Mancini, Gibson said it is always unfair at the top, but Guardiola is the most in demand manager in world football currently!
Imo if we don't win the league Pep will be the manager next season.

BlueDejong said:
Spanish newspaper El Mundo Deportivo believe that City have also been attempting to poach Sanllehi, who has been responsible for negotiations such as the deal that took Cesc Fabregas from Arsenal to Barcelona.

Not too bothered about that, it took them about three seasons to wrap up the Fabregas deal!

I can see it now.

Bobby will get in a fight with Taxi driver, Taxi driver will kick him out his cab, Bobby left his wallet in the cab, Bobby walk home.

Mancini never won anything in Europe. The man is old, it's not like he's some promising young manager who is constantly adapting and learning. He's stubborn and in control (most of the time). So I don't see him doing anything in Europe.

One poster earlier hit on the head, if Mansur wants City to be the next United; meaning winning domestically year in year out, then Mancini is your guy. But if you want to win domestically and overseas then you'd better find someone who is better then Mancini. I would put my vote in for that Serbian fella who took the poorest of the poor Nicosia last year to the CL quarter finals against Real Madrid. He knows a thing or two about putting on a good defense combined with good counters.

greasedupdeafguy said:
sam-caddick said:

Rubbish Mancini has JUST been given a five year contract do you think the owners expected us to win the champs league THIS season? don't come back with they would expect us to get out of our group because when they saw the group we were in new it would be very hard to get out of it!

LookIfoundmyKnob said:
I can see it now.

Bobby will get in a fight with Taxi driver, Taxi driver will kick him out his cab, Bobby left his wallet in the cab, Bobby walk home.

Mancini never won anything in Europe. The man is old, it's not like he's some promising young manager who is constantly adapting and learning. He's stubborn and in control (most of the time). So I don't see him doing anything in Europe.

One poster earlier hit on the head, if Mansur wants City to be the next United; meaning winning domestically year in year out, then Mancini is your guy. But if you want to win domestically and overseas then you'd better find someone who is better then Mancini. I would put my vote in for that Serbian fella who took the poorest of the poor Nicosia last year to the CL quarter finals against Real Madrid. He knows a thing or two about putting on a good defense combined with good counters.

Without using Goggle what's his name?

waspish said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
sam-caddick said:

Rubbish Mancini has JUST been given a five year contract do you think the owners expected us to win the champs league THIS season? don't come back with they would expect us to get out of our group because when they saw the group we were in new it would be very hard to get out of it!
Txiki Begiristain was the person who appointed Pep as the Barca B team manager and later the manager of the first team so if Mancini fails to get out the CL group and not win the league he would be under immense pressure and I can certainly see the two ex Barca guys pushing to get Guardiola in. Just my opinion.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.