Txiki Begiristain

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by cookster, 12 Mar 2016.

1. FCBarca

FCBarca

Absolutely and I love this approach, I miss it tbh

2. schfc6

schfc6

I’m assuming as we’ve triggered two release clauses we’ve paid nothing in agent fees?

We do seem reluctant to deal with agents, for me, this is a great thing.
    Convincing a player that we’re best for him is much easier than convincing an agent we’re best for his client.

rapidCT likes this.
  3. bluemoon32

bluemoon32

Halesowen... for my sins but Cardiff is home
    An agent would still have been involved regarding salary etc

4. Didsbury Dave

Didsbury Dave

Great post. What he has done consistently in my opinion is keep the club away from bidding wars. You can look right back to pretty much all of his signings and we were the only show in town. He obviously does a deal with a player in private on the understanding that the player won't tout himself to anyone else. Then the player/agent sits back and City are just negotiating with one club about a player who has already decided to join. This keeps the fee and wages down, and doesn't have a "knock-on" across the whole squad, and allows City to plan. I'm sure that's why we walked away from deals like Sanchez.

But apart from that the man radiates intelligence, class and decency. It's no wonder he does deals - he's a heavy hitter. He clearly works on handshakes and trust, too, and is a man of his word.

When I hear that Man United are considering Ferdinand as D of F my soul sings. He has none of those qualities whatsoever. He's exactly NOT the kind of man you want closing £100m transactions because he's not bright enough.

5. cleavers

cleavers

I beg to differ, he's exactly the kind of man that you want at united, it'll be comdey gold.

FrankSwift1, OB1, Easy and 4 others like this.
  6. KCblue

KCblue

Well done to Txiki and all the team. Berrada, Soriano, Khladoon, Pep, etc we truly are lucky to have the best in the business running our club. The long-term vision they've instilled in how the club is run will make sure that even if/when these lads move on we will be in great position to promote from within or hire the top talent available. They've made us the best run club in England, if not the world.

GOULDYBOBS likes this.
  7. domalino

domalino

We still pay the agents for negotiating the contract between club and player.

This is how people like Raiola are triple/quadruple dipping when they make a transfer happen.

The buying club pays them for facilitating the transfer and then again as part of the contract negotiations. Often the selling club pays them for representing them during the transfer, and then they take home 10-15% of the players income as well.

8. DorisBlue

DorisBlue

Even GNev on his glorious massive united rant at the end of the season nearly said Rio’s name on air as a terrible appointment. But woody cant help himself, got to love him

9. asahartford1

asahartford1

Scanning the first 50 pages of this thread, it is difficult to believe this fella has delivered a manager who is a genius, and a football team who are breaking all records.

10. VOOMER

VOOMER

100% agree camel gob's a the man.