Tyrese Campbell

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot has been posted already on the topic of Tyrese Cmpbell leaving. I am disappointed myself but I would have been more concerned if the likes of Phil Foden, Tom Dele-Bashiru or Jadon Sancho had turned down scholarships. I know Campbell scored a ridiculous amount of goals but I think the 3 lads I have just mentioned were the major talents of the U16s. I only saw Campbell twice in the flesh but he seemed physically bigger & more powerful than other lads in his age group & I thought this was one of the main reasons for his effectiveness.This advantage would be diminished once he moved up to the men's game.

We might have lost Campbell but a major plus is that we've added Lorenzo Gonzalez, Benjamin Garre & Ian Carlo Povedo to an already outstandingly talented group of players.

Interesting take on it, cheers.

I don't know anything about him other than his reputation. What I've seen of Poveda he looks very talented & Gonzales looks immense from the little bits I've seen.

A lot has been posted already on the topic of Tyrese Cmpbell leaving. I am disappointed myself but I would have been more concerned if the likes of Phil Foden, Tom Dele-Bashiru or Jadon Sancho had turned down scholarships. I know Campbell scored a ridiculous amount of goals but I think the 3 lads I have just mentioned were the major talents of the U16s. I only saw Campbell twice in the flesh but he seemed physically bigger & more powerful than other lads in his age group & I thought this was one of the main reasons for his effectiveness.This advantage would be diminished once he moved up to the men's game.

We might have lost Campbell but a major plus is that we've added Lorenzo Gonzalez, Benjamin Garre & Ian Carlo Povedo to an already outstandingly talented group of players.

The future remains bright either way. We're always likely to have to expect one or two to either choose to leave or to be let go when there are so many talented players in our academy. The point regarding his size is a good one and might be why he's doing so well at that level, it might also be why he thinks he's ready to progress more than others.

Either way I just hope we see some of these kids in the first team soon. From what we've heard/seen so far, Pep genuinely seems happy to involve our academy players in the first team and I'm hoping that's the case.

Have we heard any more on him yet? Season starts in less than a fortnight and as far as I'm aware he's not signed for anyone. Slightly odd.
Wonder if our offer remains on the table. Whatever he chooses, good luck to the lad, but he seems to have gone about it in a strange way.

Have we heard any more on him yet? Season starts in less than a fortnight and as far as I'm aware he's not signed for anyone. Slightly odd.
Wonder if our offer remains on the table. Whatever he chooses, good luck to the lad, but he seems to have gone about it in a strange way.

Very odd indeed. A bit of rumors went around about him going to PSV, but figured he'd stay in England. Wouldn't it seem Lorenzo Gonzalez is our Campbell replacement?

Very odd indeed. A bit of rumors went around about him going to PSV, but figured he'd stay in England. Wouldn't it seem Lorenzo Gonzalez is our Campbell replacement?
I wonder if we were signing Gonzalez regardless of whether Campbell signed or not. Maybe another reason why he thought he'd be better off elsewhere. Sharing duties with Gonzalez in the 18's and N'mecha first choice in the eds might have meant reduced game time for him.

Signed for Stoke apparently. Strange move but I guess if he wants to break into the first team in 2 years he will have a much better chance at Stoke than here. However can't help but think his development at such a young age would be much better served at city than Stoke, playing with better players and training with better coaches.

Signed for Stoke apparently. Strange move but I guess if he wants to break into the first team in 2 years he will have a much better chance at Stoke than here. However can't help but think his development at such a young age would be much better served at city than Stoke, playing with better players and training with better coaches.
Stoke? Very peculiar given who was linked with him, although he did play against Rhyl yesterday so perhaps he's trying to fast track himself.

Perhaps Stoke are the only major club which would promise to put him straight into the first team squad & everyone else wants him in the reserves.

What's the score with this lad? Still says he plays for City on his Twitter and posts about us still, has he gone or not?

What's the score with this lad? Still says he plays for City on his Twitter and posts about us still, has he gone or not?

Think he's in limbo tbh. Went to Stoke, seemingly on trial. Think he's left them and he appears to be training on his own. I reckon he could even be regretting it given how much he posts about City, plus given the fact that (so far at least) things have gone a lot better for our youth this season in terms of progression, and lots have left out on loan clearing a pathway for him to get the games that some of the u16s worried that they wouldn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.