U18's games/results 2016/17

That was immense. Sancho is fantastic, Foden is magical and Ian Carlo Poveda is some signing. Luke Bolton is a proper battering ram of a winger and Tom Dele-Bashiru is such a difference maker when he decides to go through the gears. Have to say, shoutout to Joe Hardy. Barely got a kick in for the u18s last year waiting behind Nmecha and Buckley, but he's really looking sharp this year. Some lovely through balls and two great, instinctive finishes. Liverpool beat United's u18s 2-1 last week. We stuffed Liverpool 7-0 - there's your context.

Sancho is a cut above at this level already - you simply can't get the ball off him. He glides past people for fun and he's got a great instinctive partnership with Tyreke Wilson on the left, a really tenacious and vibrant left-back. Best thing about Sancho is he's learning how to play football too - his weight of pass and timing of when to release the ball is loads better. Rosler was okay at RB, probs more suited to CM, but this wasn't about the defence really, though shoutout to Joe Coveney who played two lovely deep passes out of defence that instigated goals. Ed Francis started as a holding midfielder before slotting back into CB as Iker Pozo came on. Iker's a really nice player. Tiny, but tough and very, very composed on the ball. Foden is like Silva with a goal threat. Wonderful feet. A bit Iniesta stylistically, come to think of it. Ian Carlo Poveda looks another impossibly skilful lad. Came on, scored two and he created one for himself too with sublime footwork that wrong-footed Liverpool's midfield. There was a bright little cameo from Myles Beerman off the bench too. I do like the look of Muric in goal. HUGE, but mega confident. Really good with his feet and he did the Neuer sweeper thing so well. There was one moment of madness, but that will happen as they learn.

The football going forward is so hard to stop as every player is capable of just skipping past a defender which frees up so much space for chances to be created and it's why this generation scores so many goals. When Lorenzo Gonzalez gets his clearance this team is gonna score shedloads. As well as this writing here ^ I recorded a quick video report for my youtube channel if anyone fancies a watch, thought it comes with the negative of having to look at my face. Apologies.

Cheers for the report. I'll look at the vid later (no headphones with me).

Beerman always looked the dogs bollocks when I've seen him but always seems to be a cameo spot. Only 17 still. Seems to have been around for years.

Cheers for the report. I'll look at the vid later (no headphones with me).

Beerman always looked the dogs bollocks when I've seen him but always seems to be a cameo spot. Only 17 still. Seems to have been around for years.

He was out injured all last year so basically missed his first year as a scholar. He's got a fight on his hands to get in this team.

@twosips Joe Coveney is ball playing centre-back ? Interesting comments on Coveney.

Yeah, tbh I don't rate him that highly, but his passing today was excellent. Credit where it's due. He's a decent, if a little lightweight CB, but nice and composed. Been tough though as he's not had regular football for a year now.

Good report that TS. I am still purring after watching that game. Just loved it. Sublime wonderful attacking play and I do think all the more impressive as I didn't think Liverpool were a bad side. Just a delight to watch and I cant wait for the next game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.