U18s vs Arsenal (FAYC semi-final 2nd leg)

Just hope we can keep the key ones from the under 16's. I reckon Pep could be the key going forward in getting youth involved in the first team and giving all of the great talent we have coming through the belief that they can make it at City.
I agree with this, but in three years time, they will sill only be aged 19, and maybe not quite ready for the first team. It would be great to see Pep take these youngsters on as a longer term project, and bring many of them through to the first team of 2021 onwards. These short-term managerial contracts don't really allow managers to do this.

I know Pep is initially on a 3-year contract, but I hope he sees his work at City in much longer terms.

I agree with this, but in three years time, they will sill only be aged 19, and maybe not quite ready for the first team. It would be great to see Pep take these youngsters on as a longer term project, and bring many of them through to the first team of 2021 onwards. These short-term managerial contracts don't really allow managers to do this.

I know Pep is initially on a 3-year contract, but I hope he sees his work at City in much longer terms.

I hope so too but at Barca for instance, Pep was only there 4 and took on the players who were starting to appear 3, 4 years prior to him getting the job, and added more to it, so effectively the Barca team came through during the course of two managers. Lots of less successful young players were also given a chance during that time.

Hopefully Pep will create an environment where it becomes the norm for the first team to use young players, even those who don't ultimately make it, & then managers after him will continue that as a requirenent of the job (or be booted straight out).

Exactly. We have seen with other teams that there is talent capable of stepping up. WHU with Oxford ( brief I know) Loftus Cheek and even Rashford plus quite a few others.You cant throw a load in all at once but with good management the right individuals slide in quite easily. Gity have those players already and the inetgration has simply not happened enough.Kelechi is the one given chances but imo not enough as he should have been preferred over Bony simply because he is a better player now and not just a prospect for the future.

For me early season should have seen Maffeo stepping up when we had full back injuries. Tosin should have been involved when we had center back injuries earlier. In fact he should be inolved full stop as he is way better than MdM. And there are more but Pellers has flogged the so called first team squad to death.

All being well, I can see Diaz being in the First Team by the time he's 19 or 20.

Had to laugh at Matterface and Danny H last night - How do Arsenal get back into this game? Higgy: You have to keep Diaz and Garcia quiet.

Much like keeping Messi and Neymar quiet when yer up against Barca!

I hope so too but at Barca for instance, Pep was only there 4 and took on the players who were starting to appear 3, 4 years prior to him getting the job, and added more to it, so effectively the Barca team came through during the course of two managers. Lots of less successful young players were also given a chance during that time.

Hopefully Pep will create an environment where it becomes the norm for the first team to use young players, even those who don't ultimately make it, & then managers after him will continue that as a requirenent of the job (or be booted straight out).
My only concern in Pep Confiedential he just seems to rotate senior players in different positions rather than bring in youngsters.

All being well, I can see Diaz being in the First Team by the time he's 19 or 20.

Had to laugh at Matterface and Danny H last night - How do Arsenal get back into this game? Higgy: You have to keep Diaz and Garcia quiet.

Much like keeping Messi and Neymar quiet when yer up against Barca!

Gut feelnig is that Brahim will go on tour with the first team this summer and I would be surprised if we wait till he is 19 to see him in the first team.

Tosin is so composed on the ball and does his defensive job well, he should be in around the first team.

Kompany, Otamendi, Mangala/Laporte, Denayer and Tosin should be our CB next season

Gut feelnig is that Brahim will go on tour with the first team this summer and I would be surprised if we wait till he is 19 to see him in the first team.
I hope so because you can be sure if we dither in any way with his progress the Spanish elite will be circling.Will the mega star signings under Pep threaten that progress?

Brahim is a special talent,and he appears level headed,but if he isn't very carefully managed.....the lure of a return home maybe too tempting.

Tosin is so composed on the ball and does his defensive job well, he should be in around the first team.

Kompany, Otamendi, Mangala/Laporte, Denayer and Tosin should be our CB next season
A loan would be much better for his development he would hardly play for us a best he'd be 5th choice. He needs games.

My only concern in Pep Confiedential he just seems to rotate senior players in different positions rather than bring in youngsters.

At Barca he used a lot of kids, albeit some just for a few games. At Bayern, having watched our kids, many of whom have now been sacked from the club without even a sniff of the first team, put 12 goals past their kids, I'm not sure he had much to work with. He plays that kid from Juve plenty.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.