U21s derby at Old Trafford on Tuesday

.A. said:
Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
Silva_Spell said:
Kalechi looks on Sturridge's level to me.

dont agree with that, i dont think anyone of them are at the same level or micheal johnsons level. They are good, but i think we had a better quality players in those two especially

Exactly; Johnson was an immense footballer, it was only his physical/mental issues that destroyed him. In terms of ability, he'd fit seemlessly into our first team, even now; in his first full season he linked perfectly between Hamann and Elano.

Him and Sturridge were physically capable and technically superb; too much of our current emphasis is on technique, but in English football you need a blend of both and too many of our kids will fail to make it into the first team as a result.

United and Chelsea know this; they've been winning a lot longer in this league than us, and have tailored their youth ideology accordingly.

Who have those two teams brought through in the last 5 years?

Chelsea haven't brought through anyone and United have brought through the likes of Blackett, who is just a big physical young player who isn't very good.

I look at Denayer and Blackett, similar age, as the difference between ourselves and United in terms of youth ideology. One is a technically fanastic player who reads the game excellently and the other is a player whose only attributes are that he's big and strong.

Let's see who develops more top players over the next 5 years.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.