U21s derby at Old Trafford on Tuesday

JoeMercer'sWay said:
.A. said:
We're not really here said:
Right let's try and simplify this. I visited Barcelona 6 years ago and spent a week at their training complex. I watched training, spoke to their coaches and began to understand how they turned out to be as good as they are.
One of the first things was to get all their teams playing the same way. Not worrying about results, not concerned if other teams bigger kids beat them. The only concern was doing things the Barca way. It took time and patience. The result of a long term plan. I'll repeat that A LONG TERM PLAN.
If you are concerned about the result then I suggest you shouldn't watch the youth teams. If you knew the half of what is happening at City you would go dizzy! Some people on here are beyond belief!

Barcelona don't play in England, so simply doing what they do won't work for us.

it works against every English team they play...

The physicality and strength comes from natural growth and playing bigger and stronger players every week. It's a natural toughening rather than the Micah Richards, in the gym, ripped as hell but then completely unbalanced when it comes to playing football. The key at a young age is to try and develop their technical skill so strongly that when they naturally grow up, they become a far superior player to the stronger kid who beat them at U18/U21.

Must admit watching the game & the Chelsea game our technique was far superior & my hope was that the plan was as described by the poster above if so I can only see the results being great in the long term. I have a mate who is an Academy coach away from Manchester, the depth & detailing is amazing at all age groups

pellers_tastic said:
.A. said:
We're not really here said:
Right let's try and simplify this. I visited Barcelona 6 years ago and spent a week at their training complex. I watched training, spoke to their coaches and began to understand how they turned out to be as good as they are.
One of the first things was to get all their teams playing the same way. Not worrying about results, not concerned if other teams bigger kids beat them. The only concern was doing things the Barca way. It took time and patience. The result of a long term plan. I'll repeat that A LONG TERM PLAN.
If you are concerned about the result then I suggest you shouldn't watch the youth teams. If you knew the half of what is happening at City you would go dizzy! Some people on here are beyond belief!

Barcelona don't play in England, so simply doing what they do won't work for us.

ha ha ha yes thats right, because geography means everything in football doesnt it!

Barcelona is a style of football, we can play any style, if we "develop" it. Your footballing knowledge is exceptional, carry on please.

Geography dictates climate, which in turn shapes the pace of games, not to mention the impact temperature has on the body and especially muscular performance.

Post-physicality of Henry, Vieira and Campbell, Arsenal have spent almost 10 years in pursuit of such a footballing eutopia; while its lauded as the ' 'best' football in the league, it doesn't win league titles. Sacchi's overrated Milan team won one Scudetto in 5 years; when the more pragmatic Capello took over, they won it annually.

supercity88 said:
Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
pellers_tastic said:
No its not irrelevant. The B team dont have star players, but they do have the same philosophy throughout.
What exactly is an english style anyway? A losing style? A lump it style...if in doubt get it out, row Z football.
We are teaching the kids to play a possession based game, based on technical football, the"english style" is not where we are heading.

the first point of it is - " if barca were in the prem ", english style in my opinion is good organized defending and a physical presence. I know we are teaching them a possession based game, but nothing wrong with adapting that to suit whats needed in the premier league

an example of this being angelino, has everything going forward, but he can't defend.

You're judging too early pal. The basic attributes you want at this level should be entirely based on technique and to some extent footballing brain and pace. The power and strength can come later, as can more intelligence. You can't teach certain technique so to judge players on that first and foremost is the key thing. A player that dominates because of height and strength at this level will not be able to when he gets to prem standard and becomes the same as all others. A defender can learn positioning and defending as they get older and add it to their technical attributes.

Zabaleta and Kompany are miles better defenders (ignoring Kompany's form) now than they were when they first arrived at the club. Angelino can develop his positional sense and defensive ability over time. When he does, we've one hell of an attacking full back.

Angelino is like Roberto Carlos; an extra attacking element squeezed into the team. I'd rather have fullbacks who can primarily defend, like Zabaleta; Maffeo has what it takes, but this kid can will get destroyed in the senior game.

Against Leicester in the YC semis, Ben Chilwell looked far more accomplished than Angelino, tactically and physically.

.A. said:
pellers_tastic said:
.A. said:

ha ha ha yes thats right, because geography means everything in football doesnt it!

Barcelona is a style of football, we can play any style, if we "develop" it. Your footballing knowledge is exceptional, carry on please.

Geography dictates climate, which in turn shapes the pace of games, not to mention the impact temperature has on the body and especially muscular performance.

Post-physicality of Henry, Vieira and Campbell, Arsenal have spent almost 10 years in pursuit of such a footballing eutopia; while its lauded as the ' 'best' football in the league, it doesn't win league titles. Sacchi's overrated Milan team won one Scudetto in 5 years; when the more pragmatic Capello took over, they won it annually.

supercity88 said:
Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
the first point of it is - " if barca were in the prem ", english style in my opinion is good organized defending and a physical presence. I know we are teaching them a possession based game, but nothing wrong with adapting that to suit whats needed in the premier league

an example of this being angelino, has everything going forward, but he can't defend.

You're judging too early pal. The basic attributes you want at this level should be entirely based on technique and to some extent footballing brain and pace. The power and strength can come later, as can more intelligence. You can't teach certain technique so to judge players on that first and foremost is the key thing. A player that dominates because of height and strength at this level will not be able to when he gets to prem standard and becomes the same as all others. A defender can learn positioning and defending as they get older and add it to their technical attributes.

Zabaleta and Kompany are miles better defenders (ignoring Kompany's form) now than they were when they first arrived at the club. Angelino can develop his positional sense and defensive ability over time. When he does, we've one hell of an attacking full back.

Angelino is like Roberto Carlos; an extra attacking element squeezed into the team. I'd rather have fullbacks who can primarily defend, like Zabaleta; Maffeo has what it takes, but this kid can will get destroyed in the senior game.

Against Leicester in the YC semis, Ben Chilwell looked far more accomplished than Angelino, tactically and physically.

There you go Pearcey. Pity he didn't get a bit tighter to him this day.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPWBEPzUmW4[/video]

He probably would have, if he wasn't playing on the opposite side of the field; if you're going to try to be smart, at least consult somebody with a brain for guidance first.

I point out that Angelino's primary talents are attacking and that he's defensively suspect, and you counter it with a video of him scoring goals......

.A. said:
He probably would have, if he wasn't playing on the opposite side of the field; if you're going to try to be smart, at least consult somebody with a brain for guidance first.

I point out that Angelino's primary talents are attacking and that he's defensively suspect, and you counter it with a video of him scoring goals......
Ok mate we all get it, anyone we have is shit and won't make it because they are not 6 foot 4 and can't do the 100m in 10 seconds flat. Probably explain why Xavi, silva, iniesta, tevez, messi, Roberto Carlos etc. never really made it at the highest level

thesilvalining said:
.A. said:

Ok mate we all get it, anyone we have is shit and won't make it because they are not 6 foot 4 and can't do the 100m in 10 seconds flat. Probably explain why Xavi, silva, iniesta, tevez, messi, Roberto Carlos etc. never really made it at the highest level

Wasn't SWP rejected by Forest as he was deemed to small?

Shirley said:
thesilvalining said:
.A. said:

He was indeed

Shirley said:
thesilvalining said:
.A. said:

Problem with English football pal, I've seen scouts turn up to youth games and before a ball is even kicked you will see them talking to the biggest black lad as he'll be physical and will do well at youth level dominating it. Thankfully our youth team is now looking at ability over physical in the u21s and u18s anyway I havnt seen the younger groups. I thought everyone else could see the English model is wrong( look how successful the Spanish model was) but .A. Is clearly also looking for an athlete rater than a footballer

.A. said:

Yes tbf it was actually Nemane etc who made a twat out of your man before crossing it over twice for Angelino. But I couldn't resist the open goal you left. Wasn't the best defending by your man though was it ? I take it he is usually better than Angelino going forward though ? Or perhaps you have no idea ?

But you don't actually give a toss about that anyhow, or Angelino, or whether City bring through players do you.

You are just here to make a point. And it ends up being the same one, in every thread on every subject.

What is it, was a member of your family sacked by the Spaniards ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.