UAE 've got to be kidding me!

For me the whole trip to UEA is just some over hyped jolly for the football club. Playing mainly youth players and some first teamers who clearly not interested in playing this farcical game.

I have read the replies on this thread and can understand both sides. Whilst I think some people are "slightly" over reacting I think others are not quite seeing the full picture and are only seeing this as merely a kick about. Yes it was a kids outing. However it was for them to show us and the sheikh (stating the obvious, but his 1st live game) that we dont need to spends all this money recruiting new players and scouting the world for the best younger players, as we have them already. Sadly this was not the case and only proves that we still need to cast our scouting net and trawl as many young stars from across the globe as we can. IMO i would say not one of those young players are good enough for any future top 10 premier league team. However hopefully they will be sold off to other local teams ie bury, oldham, stockport (or they could come and play for perth glory where i am) which will at least be one good thing.
The other thing I was slightly concerned to see was the lack of energy, urgency and lack of shots. If i was to hazard a guess for the amount of possession we had they must have been told to play like that. If it was out of respect (kids beating national side, could be embarrassing), or did hughes have a master plan saying "look this is our youths and we need better for the future can we spend abit more?" I dont know but I think we really could have shown a little more than we did. JUst to give them amazing fans who travelled and paid a huge amount, something to smile about other than the less than convincing goal keeper.
I would also have to question hughes decision to bring on a defender when we are one down. He was clearly using his trusty premier league play book, I just think at times he lacks the imagination to get us out of a hole when the going is tough. Im not saying I want him out, as that would not be productive for anyone, all im saying is that i think he is no tactician and unless he improves that side of his managment skills I cannot see the big man putting up with that. Sorry to go on guys.
PS have posted this already but was amazing to see the banner out last night and I know it does not show our full appreciation but im sure it went some way in showing how greatful we are. And when he does manage to come to a home game im sure he will totally understand then and never have felt anything like it.

I put my hand on my heart and one in the air to the chours of blue moon and salute you from australia.

nederblue said:
The UAE beach football team looked class against France today on Eurosport so maybe this result is not as bad as we think....

Can't believe this quality post has been ignored!

skybluekings said:
Joycee Banercheck said:
Fair enough. It also shows what an over-the-top reaction you have too. ;)

Lets call it "self therapy". I felt much better after writing my rant :)

Sounds like a wife beater who then says he only beats her because he cares.

eagle said:
skybluekings said:
Lets call it "self therapy". I felt much better after writing my rant :)

Sounds like a wife beater who then says he only beats her because he cares.

Now that is uncalled for.

Its not even funny, because physical abuse against women is wrong.

You don't like what I have written fine. Make you case against it, call me what you will.
But the line has to be drawn somewhere and calling or associating me to being "a wife beater".
Thats highly insulting. Even for a football forum.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.