uber taxis

Used once as they put ten pound in my account once opened. Middleton to town and back. Cost me £12.

I was intrigued by Uber as the app is good but have seen the corporate style practices which Uber implement and if I was going to use a private hire I'd not choose Uber knowing where my money was going.

Russell Brand is a knobber. How many taxi drivers declare all their income? Every Uber transaction is documented, so they are accountable. If they use legal means to limit the tax they pay, so what?

Every Uber driver I have spoken to loves the setup. What has happened is a company has come along that gives customers a better service and better value, and the cabbies that have enjoyed a system that stops healthy competition have seen their arses. Boo-fucking-hoo.

There are adverts here all the time for Uber drivers.
Do they get a police check before being able to pick people up?

One of the issues the cabbies have been kicking off about is that they don't have to be CRB checked, however, Uber do vet their drivers.

Do you have to tip them ?

In the settings on the app, there is a gratuity that you can adjust. It is set by default to something like 10%; I set it to zero and give the driver whatever cash tip I feel appropriate.

Brand does make a very good point, once a corporate company sees of its rivals (black cabs) they then begin really focusing on maximising profit - it's starting to happen already with Uber.

Brand does make a very good point, once a corporate company sees of its rivals (black cabs) they then begin really focusing on maximising profit - it's starting to happen already with Uber.

but there are already other uber's

he's talking bollocks

but there are already other uber's

he's talking bollocks

But Uber could potentially take over the whole cab market in the UK because the power and finance they have - it's not healthy and means we are heading towards being restricted by one profit making service further down the line. I like the idea of Uber, but I find it dangerous if they don't have any competition.

But Uber could potentially take over the whole cab market in the UK because the power and finance they have - it's not healthy and means we are heading towards being restricted by one profit making service further down the line. I like the idea of Uber, but I find it dangerous if they don't have any competition.

they have competition already from other uber type companies, thats what I was saying

Jumped in one from deansgate Saturday night tried to charge us £30 for what is normally a £12 fare.

Asked him 3 times to put the meter on but he refused, he also had no knowledge of the area so I had to direct him all the way home and he even refused to drop my mate off on the way as he didn't know where it was and felt it was "going out of his way" even through he had just charged over double the normal rate.

Cheeky twat. Ended up with my money back after a row over the fare and refused to give him anything in the end. Won't be using them again, wankers!

Jumped in one from deansgate Saturday night tried to charge us £30 for what is normally a £12 fare.

Asked him 3 times to put the meter on but he refused, he also had no knowledge of the area so I had to direct him all the way home and he even refused to drop my mate off on the way as he didn't know where it was and felt it was "going out of his way" even through he had just charged over double the normal rate.

Cheeky twat. Ended up with my money back after a row over the fare and refused to give him anything in the end. Won't be using them again, wankers!

uber taxis dont have meters

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.