uber taxis

Jumped in one from deansgate Saturday night tried to charge us £30 for what is normally a £12 fare.

Asked him 3 times to put the meter on but he refused, he also had no knowledge of the area so I had to direct him all the way home and he even refused to drop my mate off on the way as he didn't know where it was and felt it was "going out of his way" even through he had just charged over double the normal rate.

Cheeky twat. Ended up with my money back after a row over the fare and refused to give him anything in the end. Won't be using them again, wankers!

uber taxis dont have meters

Some have meters. The last couple I have used were both licensed private hire vehicles. Many private hire drivers are self-employed and rent radios from the operator. If they are set up with Uber as well, it will be more fares to choose from.

Uber do not use meters though - they use a smartphone app and the fare is calculated by GPS. This is how they avoid the licensing requirements that apply to black cabs and private hire. If you have got into an Uber without booking it on your phone, it is no different to the private hire drivers who illegally pick up fares on the road.

With Uber, you download the app and register a bank card. When you want one, you open the app and request one. You are then sent details of the car and a photo of the driver. You can track the vehicle whilst it is en route. The fare is then charged to your card and the driver gets paid by Uber on a monthly basis. If you have got into an Uber without doing it through the app, you cannot blame the company - it is just the actions of one driver. Every tome I have used Uber, they have been faultless.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.