UEFA Ask City Football Group to Divest its ownership of Girona

With City? Nothing. I think their point was Girona are going to be fucked if we can't help them with loans next season. I wonder if Barcelona and Madrid have been stirring?
I am in no doubt they are.

Girona have come along using the CFG business model and if allowed to sustain their projectory will be winning La Liga's.

Barca/Madrid lose their share of TV revenue. Their state sponsored debt goes up. The Catalan club can see what we've done to the rags and trying every which way they can to prevent it happening to them.

From a piss boiling point of view can CFG 'sell' Pep enough of shares to stave off the threat?

There was no such stipulation for Red Bull Salzburg when they qualified for the CL alongside Leipzig was there? What's the difference. If I was the CFG that's what I'd be asking. If there was then fair enough.
I imagine because Salzburg and Leipzig were not likely to win it or upset the domestic apple cart by usurping Bayern or PSG?

I could not believe when I read that they recommended a blind trust run by UEFA. By who? The likes of Rick Parry, David Gill, Leterme, alKhelafi.

Who in that cesspool of an organization would one trust? So many conflicts of interest.
The same organization that tried to hurt us over a long period of time. There'd be nothing blind about any trust.

From google:
"A blind trust is a financial arrangement in which a person in public office gives the administration of private business interests to an independent trust in order to prevent conflict of interest. Under the trust, the owner does not know how the assets are managed."

Hysterical...we won't know how our assets are managed. Might as well give our shares away.

https://www.espn.co.uk/football/sto...ity-girona-owners-given-ucl-clearance-options

City asked to reduce its shares or transfer all their shares in one of the two clubs (city or girona) to a blind trust controlled by UEFA so that both clubs can compete in the champions league next season. Otherwise, Girona would have to drop down to the Europa league.

Not sure how I feel about this, but one thing I do know, is that I hate UEFA.

Not sure this was needed, makes it sound like we’ve been match fixing.

But the teams have severely tested UEFA's ruleson multi-club ownership that guard against collusion in games.

Not sure this was needed, makes it sound like we’ve been match fixing.

But the teams have severely tested UEFA's ruleson multi-club ownership that guard against collusion in games.
"Not sure this was needed, makes it sound like we’ve been match fixing."

No it's does not say that in anyway, to have two clubs in the same competition with the same ownership is not good for anyone.

This is the major problem with multi club ownership and personally I am totally against it.

There are huge positives in terms of cherry picking the best up and coming talent in each continent but then when it comes competitions there is a serious issue.

And with Liverpool and the rags wanting to go down the same route the problem is only going to get worse.

Savio is "owned" by Troyes in France and loaned to Girona. Albeit he never actually played for them. If we buy him, we buy him from Troyes.

Troyes are particularly miffed about their ownership by CFG having been relegated twice to Division 3.
Still a game to go and the decision by the Ligue on what should happen with the abandoned match with Valenciennes is still pending. Unlikely to survive, however. Been on the slide for a while but not helped by the fact that the slide has coincided with the reduction in the number of teams in the top leagues.

Non-story. Happened several times before, most recently Tony Bloom having to reduce his holding in Union SG so that Brighton could play in the Europa League

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.