UEFA Ask City Football Group to Divest its ownership of Girona

What has Eric Garcia got to do with us?
He's a former player of ours now at Barca and loaned by them to Girona. Been the mainstay of their defence all season. Just pointing out that they are going to loose probably their three best players and as we cannot loan them any players and the top flight in Spain won't either it's going to be a tough year for them. Not only in the CL but in La Liga.

I imagine because Salzburg and Leipzig were not likely to win it or upset the domestic apple cart by usurping Bayern or PSG?

What people don't realise, is Salzburg and Leipzig are actually in two different countries. One is in Austria, the other in Germany.

Whereas, Manchester and Girona are both in Abu Dhabi.

There was no such stipulation for Red Bull Salzburg when they qualified for the CL alongside Leipzig was there? What's the difference. If I was the CFG that's what I'd be asking. If there was then fair enough.

I imagine because Salzburg and Leipzig were not likely to win it or upset the domestic apple cart by usurping Bayern or PSG?

What people don't realise, is Salzburg and Leipzig are actually in two different countries. One is in Austria, the other in Germany.

Whereas, Manchester and Girona are both in Abu Dhabi.

Hate to interrupt yet another conspiracy theory but yes, Salzburg and Leipzig did have to do this, a Swiss judge went through both companies and made them seperate all shared assets and people who worked for the group/both clubs in scouting or business roles were made to just work for 1.

Because they did that, they didn't fail article 5.

IMO the biggest potential problem for CFG is sponsorship. The RB clubs had to split their sponsorships in a way that satisfied UEFA's CFCB. Shared sponsors is kind of core to the whole CFG project.

Last edited:
Hate to interrupt yet another conspiracy theory but yes, Salzburg and Leipzig did have to do this, a Swiss judge went through both companies and made them seperate all shared assets and people who worked for the group/both clubs in scouting or business roles were made to just work for 1.

Because they did that, they didn't fail article 5.

IMO the biggest potential problem for CFG is sponsorship. The RB clubs had to split their sponsorships in a way that satisfied UEFA's CFCB. Shared sponsors is kind of core to the whole CFG project.

Thanks for the clarification. I didn't really think both were in Abu Dhabi though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.