UEFA cap Champions League away ticket prices

Maybe I’m unintentionally exaggerating. But it was definitely way more expensive than regular games around that time.
Just checked my ticket stub it was 50 europes. Which was very steep for the time. I would have guessed 70 Europe’s from memory as I remember being taken aback by the price. Unless there was 2 categories of tickets. I had Micky and Donald in front of me. I remember them exhorting people to get on the pitch when we capitulated. I’d had too many San Miguel’s to care.

Last edited:

Capped at €60 (£50) this season and €50 (£42) from next season onwards.

Took them long enough, probably realised that the increased amount of games would lead to less away fans in grounds if they did nothing. Could have capped it lower if we're being honest but a positive change nonetheless.

Now, they should start doing something about the price of tickets for finals.

Good. About ruddy time.

Nah went to Santander - brilliant trip btw, locals were very welcoming even had a beer bought for me in a bar close to the ground.
Nothing close to €98 - no-one would have gone!!!!!
We went good trip, shit performance trying to remember what we paid for tickets 50 or 60 euros I reckon weren't cheap.

Nah went to Santander - brilliant trip btw, locals were very welcoming even had a beer bought for me in a bar close to the ground.
Nothing close to €98 - no-one would have gone!!!!!
The locals may have been nice outside the ground. But inside you would have had a different opinion certainly if you sat where we were in tickets that were seperate from the main blues fans. The City youth team were sat behind us and they were getting serious abuse as were the fans. We were seperated by a 6 to 8 foot high plastic barrier and their fans were like baying animals. If the seperation barrier had given way there would have been deaths. The same at Real Madrid on level one. The same barriers and their fans going absolutely crazy at us City fans. It only calmed down when Madrid got 2 late goals to win. If Yaya had scored, what was for him an easy chance, to make it 3-1 to us late on there would have been carnage. As it was the police came in heavy handed on our fans and arrested a few but did nothing about the nut case Madrid fans.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.