UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks. So ADUG and ADEC are mostly independent but presumably cooperative?
And any additional funding to pay the Etihad sponsorship came from ADEC?
That’s my understanding based on a document I’ve seen but I have to stress again that it doesn’t matter one bit where the funding came from if the transaction is fair value.

Lots of panicking going on.
David Conn has reported that the CFCB (the UEFA body that runs FFP) we’re unwilling to investigate city, but were pushed into it by other forces within UEFA.
Like any large political body, there are entities within it with different agendas. UEFA is no different.
IMO the outcome will be something along the lines of...
“ UEFA have investigated the claims but have found that they do not raise anything significant over what was already disclosed to UEFA at the time.
Given that City have since improved year on year to a position of financial stability, which is the essence of FFP, no further sanctions will be levied.
There are certain technical accounting issues that City have agreed to regularise in future”
Blah blah.
Sounds like the CPS and SFO rolled into one.

Fair point.
I don't think he's an idiot though and was probably given some assurances which proved hollow. Whether by the PL or other parties, I suspect he's a bit irritated.

On another Liverpool-related note, Klopp's comments in the press conference when asked about the UEFA etc ivnestigations were pretty well-judged.

Yeah, idiot or fuckwit is OTT (putting everything to one side, Liverpool are clearly a well run club since he took control) but I’ve got a bee in my bonnet about his “losing bid” comments when the Etihad deal was signed plus I wouldn’t be surprised if he is driving some of this, and that would be a huge story in itself if it was proven. Naive would be a more apt description regarding the FFP comments back in 2010.

Agree about Klopp’s comments.

Sure, was just clarifying how the groups fit together.
I’m not sure what point you’re trying to make. One is a private investment company and the other runs a country. If you take the most cynical view possible on this then ADUG is little more than a front for the EC in order to disguise their involvement and separate it by using a private individual.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.