UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
We're about to run the gauntlet. Damage will be sustained. You know that.
What's the worst that could happen. Kicked out of champions League? Relegated?

We'll still have a club, we'll still have ambition. We'll still have games to play. And the journey back to the top will be a hell of a lot of fun.

A lot of us have lost a bit of the fire in the belly since 93.20. when you've seen the ultimate, what's left?

I reckon if we do cop it, many of us will rediscover that fire, and that's a small positive to take.

An uneventful investigation maybe helps all parties in a way.

UEFA are seen to have done something but don’t have enough information to prove city of wrongdoing. And they avoid the financal risk of taking city on in the courts.

City are able to set the record that they are not guilty of any wrong doing (in a strictly legal sense). And avoid taking UEFA to court which they won’t want to do.

Our rivals and detractors will be able to put an asterisk next to all our achievements*

*which personally I couldn’t give a fuck about if we sweep up five trophies this year!

What would be great is once this is settled legally and nothing comes of it, we are then free to hammer DS etc who have libelled us.
No a not proven outcome will just keep the same shit going round & round. WE need to finish this now irrelevant of what UEFA, FIFA, PL, FA etc try to lay on us.

Pretty close to what I think. A bit more of C, and I suspect the club may swallow that for the sake of good relations.

Good summary in A to D. But there are too many unknowns in all of this to speculate on possible outcomes. The biggest one for me is the position of Etihad as sponsors. As fair value doesn't seem to be an issue then the key thing is whether Etihad are prepared to say if asked that all of the money came from them and they weren't a conduit in receipt of an AD bung. Surely this must emerge as a question at some point. Before anyone tells me that Etihad have already said this, no they haven't. Their statement was carefully worded in terms of general responsibility not specifically about this deal.

Yes, but they need competition for this to happen. Germany & France are now finding that out. Spain have fucked themselves with tv deals. No one gives a shit about Italian football.
Future revenues are going to depend on emerging markets, and they are not loyal fans, they simply follow the best team in the main.

Also, it’s worth considering that UEFA, is mainly a bunch of selves serving established clubs, with ex footballers heavily involved.
They’ll be no match for ADUG.

Yeah Thats a fair point.

Lots of panicking going on.
David Conn has reported that the CFCB (the UEFA body that runs FFP) we’re unwilling to investigate city, but were pushed into it by other forces within UEFA.
Like any large political body, there are entities within it with different agendas. UEFA is no different.
IMO the outcome will be something along the lines of...
“ UEFA have investigated the claims but have found that they do not raise anything significant over what was already disclosed to UEFA at the time.
Given that City have since improved year on year to a position of financial stability, which is the essence of FFP, no further sanctions will be levied.
There are certain technical accounting issues that City have agreed to regularise in future”
Blah blah.

Exactly I posted similar IMHO City and UEFA want this to go away

I’m not sure what point you’re trying to make. One is a private investment company and the other runs a country. If you take the most cynical view possible on this then ADUG is little more than a front for the EC in order to disguise their involvement and separate it by using a private individual.

No point being made. ADEC got mentioned, and I was finding out how it fitted into the picture.

I feel like there’s minimal chance we’re getting off lightly here.

They are out to do us and probably think it’s their last chance to do so. Without a doubt these leaks were orchestrated so that this could happen.

As well as some harsh punishments, they’re probably hoping the knock on effects impact the the futures of players and manager.

It’s not going to be pretty but I think the difference with last time is that our reaction will be more volatile and we won’t take this as lightly as we did last time. There will be a strong reaction.

No a not proven outcome will just keep the same shit going round & round. WE need to finish this now irrelevant of what UEFA, FIFA, PL, FA etc try to lay on us.

My take on it, a fight to the death. This has been rumbling on for years now and they just won't let it lie. This goes away something else will pop up or they will invent more rules. FFP being defeated in the courts is the first step and hopefully Dupont soon wins that case. Then dig up the dirt on everyone of our enemies, there is bound to be some and bring them down. Even if there isn't just throw the mud, some always sticks. Play them at their own game.

Exactly. This is an opportunity for city to put an end to the accusations in a legal sense. But while that’s the end from a legal perspective, you’re right in that the narrative will still be “UEFA were powerless” and we got away with it.

This scenario gets UEFA off the hook, our detractors can still comfort themselves by devaluing our achievements and we’ll just carry on picking up the silverware.

As I say, the investigation could have a decent outcome for all parties, especially us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.