UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
City are Manchester, my home town - I don't care about the 'Group' - the 'international' aspect (I'm just grateful some rich foreign guys decided to invest in us) - but I always have been of the opinion that they did so because a) there was a great stadium in place - thanks to the Commonwealth games and b) their research before they made the decision indicated we are the best set of fans in world football (not least because of the fact we have had years of hardship, which we handled with good grace) prior to 2008.

So this 2 year ban is just a blip for me - send us back to Division 2 - I don't care. We have been there before and in some ways it was better when each game we played I didn't know what the result would probably be beforehand, whereas now, apart from when we play a handful of other top teams, it is just the margin of victory that is in doubt.

P.S. It would also be nice to play football on Saturday afternoon at 3pm, week in week out, as it should be.

It doesn’t matter what the club is to you, this is a legal case now and the club are an international business and therefore Brexit likely won’t play a part.

The rumour was League 2, where we haven’t been.

No, I don't expect it to happen, I am just saying it should (in the post-Brexit landscape). I just hope City don't try to take it to the European Court of Justice - we can't on the one hand remove ourselves from Europe (via the 2016 referendum and the 2019 General Election) but then go crawling back to their legal system when our footy team needs it.

Who's crawling back?
City group is global and Manchester City is UK based.
UEFA is based in Europe, so it is using their system for justice. If an American company made similar charges, it would be fought in America.

Do tell how we are meant to challenge UEFA in the British court system? If we don't like something UEFA is doing and we want to challenge it, they are based in the EU and the EU courts are the ones that will have the say. Your comment is nonsensical.

No - I am saying we don't bother to challenge UEFA in the European Courts - we withdraw ourselves from their tournaments with all the other British teams doing likewise. What will the TV audiences be like for the CL if no British teams enter it bearing in mind how successful we have been in recent years?

Just read on PrestwichBlue twitter feed :

"City, by complete coincidence, are about to announce the Abu Dhabi CFG World Cup. Each of tbe 8 CFG clubs gets £100m for taking part, with £500m to the winner."

If this is true we should make it invitational only...
I think having to be a member of the CFG already restricts the invitation list somewhat -
anyway 'Ceferins Last Stand' is worth a listen on Bolt from the Blue.

Do tell how we are meant to challenge UEFA in the British court system? If we don't like something UEFA is doing and we want to challenge it, they are based in the EU and the EU courts are the ones that will have the say. Your comment is nonsensical.

Switzerland is in the EU now ?

To all the haters out there
The worst that will happen is ban reduced to a year and I imagine the fine will be reduced
No players will leave unless we don’t want them
Then when sane goes to Bayern which we all known for 18 months they will say it’s coz of ffp and the ban etc etc

If there is to be a short term positive in this, it has to bring us together as a club and a fan base, in the face of a rabid media reaction and general onslaught against us. In recent years, for whatever reason I have sensed a friction between fans, at games, on here, generally. That was never the case when we were crap, when there was a real ‘us against the world’ mentality. We need that now more than ever and with it, and some top corporate lawyers, the truth will out and we will prevail. So let’s stick together blues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.