UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I still don't understand why there's only a €30m fine, when it should be a fine plus the two thirds that was refunded to us after the last punishment
It's the ban they want, I saw somewhere a quote of us spending £30m in legal fees maybe they're trying to take the piss a bit more.

I think it will play out fairly quickly. Its very important to Uefa and PL too know if City can be in CL next season or not. Clubs that have a chance now on 5th and 7th places to get into CL/EL wants to know what they should prepare for in the transfer market, do they have extra CL/EL income to plan with or not.

Also for City if CAS cancels the ban we want to know early and get on with our summer plans with some huge changes on the squad after the current quite shit PL campaign.

There was one report yesterday that said Mansour is following the case and is livid about how we ended up in this shitstorm. I wonder if he means by this the responsibilty of the City board or simply he means Uefa.
He certainly is getting lot of personal bad press, 99% of (fake)news run with the story that he personally paid large part of Etihad deal to City in a tricky/cheating way.

One thing is clear Uefa would be extremely happy if CAS upholds the original punishment or even if they cut it down to half for 1 year ban and some 10m, I fear that these two options have higher chance together than cancelling out the whole thing...

And PL will quickly act if anything will stick against us at CAS.

Really hope all that confidence coming from the club will turn into a winning case for us. We want an independent body to check the case, but if CAS wont help us, we are running out of options very quickly.
Our legal team has to be top notch, really hope their emails are properly secure. On the mean time I would hire top cyber hackers to find dirt on LEterme, Ceferin and the rest. Surely we can do their dirty tricks and hurt them a lot.

Whether Uefa want a quick resolution or not, I think the club don't care until they bring them and those who have pushed this from the elite clubs down a peg or two.

I read the shiekh is livid, bit I read it that as he is livid with uefa rather than us for the sheer twattishness of them.
If as has been reported Cafein came to us with an offer to let this go away quietly which we turned down then this is just pure racketeering from uefa coming back to us every few years trying to extort more cash with threats of back dated bans.

Lookig at hiw the charges came about
Der spiegal paid a hacker for illegally obtained emails, as the time many speculated bayern were encouraging this, so lets look at bayern.

Recently had a massively inflated new sponsorship deal with adidas signed, the same adidas that own 8% of the club.
Audi also own over 8% of the club and are also major sponsors, as is their parent company volkswagon.
On volkswagons sustainability council is Yveves Letreme.
Chief financial investigator of our case and who was majorly influencial in the ban - Yveves Latreme.

This isn't just about Uefa and them being wankers, this is about how european football is rotten to the core with influence in uefa from a select few and how we refused to be yes men unlike PSG who now have a seat at the table.

On a side the bad press the shiekh is possibly getting is based on what we are reading here, I doubt there is much negativity about him elsewhere.

HH apparently only refers to one person in this context
And its the head of the UAE not the sheikh
The head of UAE is His Highness Sheikh Khalifa Bin Zayed, the President of UAE and the Ruler of the Emirate of Abu Dhabi, not His Highness Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi and Deputy Supreme Commander of the UAE Armed Forces.

I've checked back and it's this guy:

https://mobile.twitter.com/JohnMehrzadLaw?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

Hopefully he's just a trouble-maker and/or someone who likes the sound of his own voice.

Likely he's just putting one possible version of future events mate, lots of supposition though, one could just as easily put forward an argument and scenario whereby we lost at the CAS, his version happens, we then took our case to a higher justice system, they found us innocent/not guilty, we sue UEFA, players, etc etc, I'll leave it to your imaginations the ramifications of such a sequence of events but it'd get complicated beyond belief.

In a court, precedent is quite important I'd say. If in an equivalent situation, one party has been dealt with leniently and the other not, then someone like CAS will take that into account in their judgement.

Good point.

But one of the main points here is that City are not being dealt with fairly and FFP is not fair in the first place.

Indeed, whatever the precise purpose of FFP and even if - ho ho - it was entirely intended to address club finances in a way that is fair, a case surely exists that UEFA should not be interfering in the finances of clubs.

That they have come up with arbitrary rules on how quickly you have to achieve profit when building up your business is something that the English media should be defending one of their top clubs against but they just stick the knife in. They are an utter disgrace but we knew that already.

Mourinho our chief cheerleader. That’s where we’re at.

he probably relates it too the uk media witch hunt that have took great pleasure in all this and have attacked the club because it serves their own purpose

found an interesting tweet last night on PB’s feed (posted by someone else)....any lurking Liverpool fan(s) should read this and then let it sink in....

“Imagine ‘knowing’ Manchester City are guilty with only Info available via media outlets & UEFA closed shop , whilst supporting a club that campaigned for appx.25yrs to find the truth in something that was reported incorrectly via police closed shop & info from media outlets”

I've found a document that confirms the Etihad sponsorship was covered by the Executive Council, not ADUG. It was part of the Open Skies case brought by the US airlines against the Gulf ones (Etihad, Qatar & Emirates) and claimed that they were in receipt of huge government subsidies. As part of their defence Etihad had a presentation done for the Crown Prince, MBZ, by consultants Booz Allen.
Link here: http://www.openandfairskies.com/press-releases/newly-unearthed-etihad-documents/

Go to the link saying "major legal submission" and it'll open a PDF. On page 14 it says:

So there you have it. The Etihad sponsorship money, at least that money that wasn't paid from their own funds, came from the Executive Council, not ADUG.

probably answering my own question here but are uefa(or at least their legals) so dumb as to not to know this

Just a check...

The case will be a binding arbitration not mediation. But "The President of the Division, before the transfer of the file to the Panel, and thereafter the Panel may at any time seek to resolve the dispute by conciliation".

"Dear UEFA, I've read Prestwich Blue's stuff about the Open Skies case which seems to undermine your main allegation. Do you think it's wise to proceed? Yours in sport, President of the Division." Wishful thinking, I guess.

the glaring error is that uefa's legals appear not to know this or are trying to ignore it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.