UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure how this will turn out.

Obviously our management will have sought to maximally optimize our side given UEFA restrictions. But breaking UEFA rules to do so... possibly I guess.
===
Probably City will be banned from transferring players into the squad for a year. But we can work around that eventuality should it transpire.

Bottom line - not a big deal.

If we have a strong defense against the allegations, then why not ? This is not going to go away until all the investigations are completed and proper answers are out there in the open.

Because we don't want a kangaroo court.

Wondering if Jadon Sancho's dad (or whoever) declared his 200k to the HMRC and was it described as a "gift' or wages for income or indeed if we paid him net for his services and paid the Tax and NI for him - if so there'll be a record.
Pretty sure these kind of monies are traceable for payments made for work undertaken (ie scouting - is that whats being claimed?). Would the money men at City have been so careless that we gave him money in a brown envelope taken from an MCFC account? I can't see that.

Having looked at Bruno Zuchellini's history on transfermarkt says we bought him for £2.25 Million from Racing Club on 01.07.2014 loaned him out 7 times then sold him to Hellas Verona for £1.13 Million on 11.07.2017.
https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/bruno-zuculini/profil/spieler/115507
I can't make out what 3rd party rule we are meant to have broken. I understand that whilst at Racing Club he had some 3rd party owners (which is not unusual for that part of the world) and my understanding is that cannot continue in the UK so the 3rd party has to be paid off so we are the sole owner of his registration. Are we accused of not doing that for these paltry sums being discussed? Especially when you consider the 3rd party pay off for Mangala was extortionate.

Obviously our management will have sought to maximally optimize our side given UEFA restrictions. But breaking UEFA rules to do so... possibly I guess.
===
Probably City will be banned from transferring players into the squad for a year. But we can work around that eventuality should it transpire.

The issue is did UEFA alter rules specifically to punish City and PSG without reasonable notice of their intention to do so?

Do we think these investigations will run and run or a quick conclusion?
I think the UEFA one depends on what happens with Rui Pinto. If he faces a criminal court and starts singing like a canary there will be a hell of a lot of people in big football clubs and UEFA circles who will be nervous. It could drag on for years. The whole saga would make a great script for a Hollywood movie.

I think the UEFA one depends on what happens with Rui Pinto. If he faces a criminal court and starts singing like a canary there will be a hell of a lot of people in big football clubs and UEFA circles who will be nervous. It could drag on for years. The whole saga would make a great script for a Hollywood movie.
Good point, could be a lot like Brexit where no conclusion is reached either way two years later.

===

Out of interest what do you base that on?

Wondering if Jadon Sancho's dad (or whoever) declared his 200k to the HMRC and was it described as a "gift' or wages for income or indeed if we paid him net for his services and paid the Tax and NI for him - if so there'll be a record.
Pretty sure these kind of monies are traceable for payments made for work undertaken (ie scouting - is that whats being claimed?). Would the money men at City have been so careless that we gave him money in a brown envelope taken from an MCFC account? I can't see that.

Having looked at Bruno Zuchellini's history on transfermarkt says we bought him for £2.25 Million from Racing Club on 01.07.2014 loaned him out 7 times then sold him to Hellas Verona for £1.13 Million on 11.07.2017.
https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/bruno-zuculini/profil/spieler/115507
I can't make out what 3rd party rule we are meant to have broken. I understand that whilst at Racing Club he had some 3rd party owners (which is not unusual for that part of the world) and my understanding is that cannot continue in the UK so the 3rd party has to be paid off so we are the sole owner of his registration. Are we accused of not doing that for these paltry sums being discussed? Especially when you consider the 3rd party pay off for Mangala was extortionate.

Add to that Carlos Tevez as well, we bought him out of his 3rd party ownership he was in whilst at the rags for an eye watering amount.

Bearing in mind European Leagues resentment against PL clubs are we really the only club that non English teams want investigating?
We report UK media focus on City but will the European media be satisfied with just that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.