UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry mate but I disagree in both points. If City are convinced in their irrefutable evidence of no wrong doing, they won’t only be attacking UEFA’s procedural violations.

Secondly, that document, though leaked, if true, wouldn’t be needed. Etihad will have their own versions of it. Anything that shows the funds didn’t come from Mansour is all they need.

As PB has already stated CAS are not a court as such. They will only rule on procedural violations and make sure the punishments UEFA sanctioned fit the crime as such.

The best we can hope for at CAS is the case is thrown out due to UEFA not following its own process.

That is the reason City mentioned “CAS in the first instance” The fight to clear our name and show the irrefutable evidence will happen in the Swiss Courts

Music to my ears.
Another thought that I had was that if they were so sure of a conviction and punishment for City, based on their ‘evidence’
then why send one of their message boys to try and negotiate a ‘way-out’ compromise?
When they realised that that tactic was a no-go, the next best option was to insinuate huge guilt, simply by announcing the largest possible punishment because to do so would imply serious levels of culpability, a ploy which they know will work (and has) simply because of the slavish loyalty of the media and the bone-headed tribalism of the average fans of other clubs.
If it were not for their own time-limits on cases, I’m convinced that UEFA would be more than happy to drag this out for years as long as no decision was ever reached thus allowing the insinuation of guilt to go unchallenged, with the commensurate damage this would cause to us, with no serious come-backs for them.
A foot-note for any dippers reading this thread, just be thankful that UEFA are taking an interest in the finances of the shirt sponsors of City and their sources of funding and not standard chartered and their income from rogue-states, criminal gangs and terrorists.
I’d pay good money to watch that enquiry!!

Absolutely spot on!!

For those that don't know Standard Chartered were fined by the US authorities and then a 2nd time by the UK and US authorities a total of almost $3Billion for money laundering on behalf of ISIS. As Forbes magazine says:

"But for a bank, regulatory fines are simply a cost of doing business. If the anticipated profits exceed the likely costs, the bank will continue to break the rules. And this is exactly what SCB has done."

@Prestwich_Blue I’ve just had a look at the initial Settlement Agreement(SA) and as I’m sure you know it covers the seasons from 2013/2014 up to and including 2015/2016

I’m UEFA’s statement on Friday they specify the penalty is for breaches from 2012-2016. Now given the Settlement Agreement and UEFA’s own 5 year limitation UEFA seem only able to investigate about 6 months worth of accounts(at best). Do I understand this correctly?

If so, how would UEFA go about reopening the 2014 SA? It would surely require a gross breach to even entertain the idea of reopening and overinflating sponsorship which allegedly happened during a period they already looked at seems pretty weak. But even if that is true, the punishment doesn’t really fit the ‘crime’. Unless they are accusing City of cooking the books for the best part of 5 years which, if true, then we would have bigger things to worry about than Sterling or Sane leaving - that would be an issue for the U.K. courts not UEFA’s imaginary one, surely?

Thanks in advance. But don’t be shy in calling me an idiot who’s got it all wrong....

I thought the claim was that CIty had effectively lied about the source of the money, not the amounts involved?

Mentally, I'm hoping for the best but expecting the worst. The whole football edifice is so rotten it's going to come crashing down.

Win or lose, UEFA is finished, we're watching the dying throes of a grotesque money generating monster as it thrashes round trying to appease the cancerous clubs that will eventually kill it anyway.

The very worst that can happen is we never get back in the CL which, seeing as only Liverpool, United, Arsenal, Chelsea, Bayern, Juventus, Madrid, Barcelona and, maybe, PSG can ever win it anyway will be no great loss.

And we get stripped of our titles? (Go on, let's run with this), United, Liverpool and Chelsea get a couple more each by default, to add to those they won every year anyway simply because they are richer than everyone else. And then one of them wins it forever more. Sooner rather than later that will be the end of the PL too.

Our support dwindles to its hard core 35k because we've been relegated to League 2 ? Well if anyone supports City because we win stuff, they should go mix with their red brethren anyway.

Our reputation is sullied ? Yeah, like Liverpool and Juventus with their rotten histories haven't recovered.

So the worst isn't bad at all and anything less than that and we're still laughing.

Hahaha.....I know what you're saying and you're trying to make us all feel better, but that my friend thoroughly depressed me ;)

If we get this overturned at CAS, and destroy UEFA and their shitty cartel in the process, it could gain us an army of new fans!
The Cartel are already working with FIFA to get that new Club World Cup thing going in case UEFA ever fucks io so badly they can’t continue

The doc isn’t substantial enough to prove that, I doubt Etihad would want that doc getting any more exposure than it already has too.
That doc isn't really important.

The important thing is City being able to prove the funding didn't come from Mansour.

That doc is merely evidence that we have the ability to do so.

Didn’t I read somewhere on here recently with the Liverpool hacking issue, that we felt we had to rush through the Fernandinho and Navas deals in Summer 2013 and for more money than we wanted because we thought Liverpool may come in for the same players, or something to that effect?

So their hacking actually had ramifications regarding this particular issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.