UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, good old zeugma, not as exciting as epanalepsis. You may not find that in the dictionary as it is a transliteration of a greek figure of speech similar to paraprosdokian.
Lovely stuff! I’d throw hypallage in the hope that City can bring down the corrupt citadel of UEFA.

The Athletic pushing the narrative - Liverpool Good, City Bad https://theathletic.co.uk/1608719/2...-sqQAjlB_8APF3bcnzNFKuMQLz0g08ifRccU9ocdY3S4g
City win the league 4 times in 8 years and we're anti-competitive, it's bad for the league, bad for the premier league product. Now with City potentially banned from Chumps league for 2 years - Liverpool building a dynasty, Liverpool could win the league for the next few years, Liverpool buying Sancho. I'm sick of the pass Liverpool get - even with hacking. I really hope our owners have their marker when they're done with UEFA. If not, does any one know any good hackers? ;-)

So are we happy that our 200 page document was submitted within the agreed time scale or is this unknown? If I’ve understood correctly if we tried to submit it after the submission date they would be within their rights not to consider it. The club wouldn’t have made a schoolboy error by getting it in late, would they?
Yes they submitted what they wanted in time.

I really hate to end up defending Miguel fuckjng Delaney of all people but that list does show one thing very clearly, which is that PSGs Neymar purchase massively inflated the transfer market.

Neymar and Mbappe speak for themselves, Coutinho and Dembele were Barcelona panic spending and Griezmann was a continuation of that. Joao Felix was Atleti spending that money and the reason an 18 year old with 1 good year went for 120m was because people wanted the next Mbappe.

Van Dijk and Alisson both went for their world record fees because Barcelona paid so much for Coutinho and Maguire cost 80m because of VVD resetting the value of centre backs.

So I think he is absolutely right to say PSGs 2018 inflated the transfer market considerably.

Now the thing you've taken offence to is that he said City could compete.....but that's not really wrong. City haven't chosen to compete but we could have. A lot of the transfers involving other clubs (liverpool, atletico) are really them spending PSGs initial 400m they dumped into the market.

We have it from decent sources that City would have spent the money on Mbappe and we tried to get Messi in 2017 which would have been a world record fee.

City haven't competed with the top 10 transfer fees, but that's different to jot being able to. We are able to and it's only a matter of time before we make a top 3 or top 5 transfer IMO.

I think your analysis of one big transfer fuelling others is true. I really don’t see anything wrong with what PSG did. Other teams Madrid, Barca, United etc have all at times made huge purchases and tried to monopolise all the top talent. PSGs owner was happy to put up the money, the selling clubs received top dollar and I’m not sure anyone would have batted an eye lid if Real or Barca had signed Mbappe for that fee.

Might sound a tad malicious, but the person I really want to see get his come-uppance in all of this is that utter twunt David Gill ! City have been routinely labelled as cheats this last week, but what do you call the actions of a man who systematically sets out to change the laws of football governance specifically to suit his own team ?? How is that not cheating ?? I would love it if someone found some film of him in compromising positions with a Shetland Pony............... He deserves every shame that comes his way.

The Athletic pushing the narrative - Liverpool Good, City Bad https://theathletic.co.uk/1608719/2...-sqQAjlB_8APF3bcnzNFKuMQLz0g08ifRccU9ocdY3S4g
City win the league 4 times in 8 years and we're anti-competitive, it's bad for the league, bad for the premier league product. Now with City potentially banned from Chumps league for 2 years - Liverpool building a dynasty, Liverpool could win the league for the next few years, Liverpool buying Sancho. I'm sick of the pass Liverpool get - even with hacking. I really hope our owners have their marker when they're done with UEFA. If not, does any one know any good hackers? ;-)
Their headline is wrong since Liverpool didn't comply with ffp.

Just the one.
ysZCW0E.jpg

My daughter loves him :)

If City had unrestricted spending and Mansour had the mood (maybe after being cleared of wrongdoing and dismantling FFP) then our rivals would be fucked. Unless they got bought out themselves, theres no way they could compete if the owners wanted to make it that way. Wolves might be our closest competitor.

Football probably does need some sort of financial control if you want a relatively even playing field and for the finances to spin out of control. I actually dont think many people would disagree with that if they detached it from the fact that FFP wasnt about that, it was about specifically hampering us.

The problem with people like Delaney is that he will die on a hill defending FFP, a form of financial control rotten from its inception and never aimed at ensuring the things he says he wants.

If someone sensible actually came up with a financial system where no one was allowed to out spend the rest 5 to 1 evety year but also new owners could raise their clubs to the top table, I think most of us would be ok with it.
Real Fair Play would be clubs had to operate under a Salary Cap and Transfer Fee Cap. Obviously not everyone could spend the full cap and some clubs would be restricted and would find other ways to top-up salaries (bonuses/player sponsors) so there’d always be unbalance but that’s a fairer way than the version of FFP we’ve been lumped with.

Then it’s be down to how well your club is run and how good your scouting system is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.