UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Football clubs should be not for profit organisations and regulated like charities.

Champions League TV money should be distributed evenly throughout the league with a little extra given to participants based on their performances.

Measures like that would bring about more fairness than FFP, transfer caps and wage caps.
Capitalism reigns supreme in all walks of life, society has made it's bed, we all have to kip in it!

Its a huge transfer, as was Mbappe but had RM signed them both for even more money no one would have batted an eyelid nor would anyone have said they where guilty of inflating the transfer market.

Only a few select clubs have a track record of continually breaking world transfer fee records!

Yep. Also, buying a player for £200 million doesn’t necessarily mean a club is breaching FFP, as the fee and wages are amortised over the length of the contract plus some of that could be offset with player sales. The trouble with that transfer though - and I’m not having a go at PSG for this - is that it wound up that racist prick Tebas so much that he demanded PSG be investigated then started firing his pot shots at City, when we had fuck all to do with it!

This story just gets more incredible. Anyone harbouring any doubts about what the chief prosecutor of UEFA is about, feast your eyes on this. Apologies if it has already been posted.

https://t.co/d5apbdsT7b

Just hope that Cunha Rodrigues doesn’t feel that the CAS has to show how flawed the previous UEFA decisions were by making an example of us! (Instead of treating us with the same lenience)

This clown is stealing our defense and using it for his own purpose. I don't remember ever reading anything about this until today. So not sure how there were any leaks unless they were never reported, which means there were never leaks. Am I missing something here?
Was reported at length last year that he was under investigation.

So Saracens rugby club recently tried to argue salary caps were against EU law but lost and I thought the reasoning was very interesting.

Lord Dyson ruled that it wouldn't be classified as against EU law competition law because the effect would be "to make results less predictable and thereby make the sport more attractive to fans and sponsors" and also they failed to demonstrate in practice how the salary cap had an anti-competitive effect.

If City wanted to take apart FFP in court those are some of the things they'd have to be able to prove.
FFP is not a salary cap which isn’t anti competitive
FFP is protectionism, for the cartel, and thus anti competitive which is illegal just needs to be properly tested in law.

[I know it’s not you, but ] UEFA haven’t been charged with owt.

It’s one bloke from the Qatar World Cup TV rights deal who works for Paris Saint Germain. Plus it’s in relation to FIFA, not UEFA.

I read the sports section of yesterday’s Daily Mail in the hozzy waiting room. FWIW they reckoned his value has dropped to £50m as his remaining contract moves towards 12 months. They even ventured that Real Madrid might not be interested at that price.
Tbh I wouldn’t want City to buy him for £30m, never mind £50m

[I know it’s not you, but ] UEFA haven’t been charged with owt.

It’s one bloke from the Qatar World Cup TV rights deal who works for Paris Saint Germain. Plus it’s in relation to FIFA, not UEFA.

Isn't he on the UEFA Executive Board? Certainly calls their credibility into question, when one of them (who no doubt would have been strongly in favour of charging us) is himself on a corruption charge

Got to be additional ammunition to take to CAS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.