UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just for info. Got a bit pissed off with Conn at the Guardian, so I posted a mild message mentioning his threads being closed for comment and numerous deletions from City match thread comment sections. Even something so harmless was deleted. So I wrote to the Guardian - excerpt:

'Please explain your decision to remove my comment from the thread “David Squires on … You are the VAR’. The comment was on-topic (David Squires specifically references David Conn’s articles). There was no personal attack, misrepresentation or flame war.

The Guardian seems to be the only newspaper that isn’t keeping its powder dry on (or at least offering alternative views on) the Manchester City matter – surprising, given the newspaper’s origins. As a reader of some 45 years standing, this disappoints me, but I accept the right of the paper to take a position. It’s clear, though, that there ARE other views, and the Guardian is censoring them... Do I think that David Conn is axe-grinding? Yes, of course I do, but I did not say so and on a public forum I would not say so. If the Guardian deletes a comment as harmless as mine – indeed, if it doesn’t allow people to go further and allow its ‘valued’ readers to debate the facts – then as well as being unfair, you are manipulating the story, giving the impression that David Conn’s views, most of which are mere comments, stand unchallenged. If you need to protect yourselves that carefully, don’t you think you might be on unsafe ground?

I’m going to be consulting the club about this in the absence of a reasonable reply. That’s not by way of a threat. It simply seems the right thing to do. I don’t doubt the club is well aware of David Conn’s reporting and may well have set the matter aside pending the appeal, but I wonder about the degree to which it has analysed media coverage on a comparative basis.

Also (and this will be of little concern to you), if I don’t get a response to this you will lose a long term reader. I buy the print edition every day, because of the paper’s perceived integrity. I would damage my own integrity if I continued to do so when you have locked your doors in this way.'

Got a relatively standard response, so I did copy in the club - asked them not to trouble themselves replying as it was a minor matter.

I don't claim ANY credit for this - it's coincidence I'm certain - but no Conn articles for a week and 4 or 5 positive ones on the club. Glad about that.
An excellent piece.Well done that man.

That says it all for me.

Cannot blame Pool fans for thinking that way, had to sympathise with one yesterday after their sad loss to Watford.
I was about to drop in a hacking comment when I realised he had all the real stuff to come and knew nothing about his club.

I'm learning off our Mr K. and others that keeping powder dry makes me smugly superior to indoctrinated enemy supporters.

It's the UEFA Congress today in Amsterdam. No sure if this has any significance?

Convinced part of our stance will be the demand that certain individuals are either removed or fall on their own swords.

Lets hope there really is plenty more to come.

Me too. I've no idea how much or how little dirt City have on Liverpool (and other clubs) aside from the hacking business, but there's little doubt for me that a lot of these clubs have plenty of skeletons in their respective closets. Whether City are in possession of damning proof of that is another matter entirely, but I couldn't resist playing a few mind games with the clueless prick and if it gives him sleepless nights wondering what shit his club might've been up to then all the better!

Last edited:
Me too. I've no idea how much or how little dirt City have on Liverpool (and other clubs) aside from the hacking business, but there's little doubt for me that a lot of these clubs have plenty of skeletons in their respective closets. Whether City are in possession of damning proof of that is another matter entirely, but I couldn't resist playing a few mind games with the clueless prick!

The thing about computer misuse is that it leaves an identifiable footprint. So if you know what you’re looking for, it’s easy to identify which IP address has had access to your computer, when, and what login details they used to gain access. Reports on this sort of thing are not technically difficult and virtually irrefutable. So a report from an expert confirming the hacking, for instance, is without doubt damning proof. Whether the current suspicion will be easy to prove with irrefutable evidence depends entirely what it is that is being alleged.

I would imagine it's rather like the UK. Most people here don't know (or care) how to reference the Queen correctly. If I had a pound for every time I'd seen her referred to as "HRH" I'd be nearly as rich as Mansour.

The point is the people who do have regular dealings with her know how she is correctly addressed and referenced. You can bet your bottom dollar that anyone transacting private business for her refers to her in the correct manner.
"Lizzie" ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.