UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tariq Panja goes on to say that "the current members on the CFCB bodies will be extended a year. But have not chosen to replace those that have left. Perhaps a hint that in a year's time FFP will be reformed or perhaps replaced?".

I guess FFP will have served its purpose by then if CAS were to uphold our ban.
This fits in with the talk of a UEFA civil war that was mentioned on here with Ceferin not arsed about FFP (hence the settlement discussions) but the FFP Chamber being filled with rats with vested interests. Surely recruitment is decided by Ceferin?

This fits in with the talk of a UEFA civil war that was mentioned on here with Ceferin not arsed about FFP (hence the settlement discussions) but the FFP Chamber being filled with rats with vested interests. Surely recruitment is decided by Ceferin?

Speaking of the Civil war, David Conn has quite a go at Ceferin in his latest article. Talks about how he was elected on a promise to make the game more fair but has done nothing to help and infact made it worse.

It also has this quite funny little remark -

Uefa’s landmark governance reform of recent years, financial fair play, has been subject to misinformed and, at times, hysterical criticism in England owing to its restraint of unlimited spending by owners but it was implemented in 2009 and has since transformed the European game’s financial health.

Tariq Panja goes on to say that "the current members on the CFCB bodies will be extended a year. But have not chosen to replace those that have left. Perhaps a hint that in a year's time FFP will be reformed or perhaps replaced?".

I guess FFP will have served its purpose by then if CAS were to uphold our ban.

Cynic!

If indeed it is overturned (and I'm not holding my breath), can you image the torrent of "righteous" indignation from several quarters? Carragher springs to mind. Most rag-biased journos. The fatuous Matthew Syed. The likes of Piers Morgan and other people with no genuine connection to football. Tabloid hacks. Merson, probably.

"City's escape shows that crime does pay", and the like.

They'd all be on their moral high horse, believe me.

But we'll doubtless get punished anyway, so it's all irrelevant.

Aleksander Ceferin on City's ban:

"I didn't speak about case and didn't see it. Let's wait for the decision. Wouldn't be appropriate to comment."

He knows ;)

Sounds like he is distancing himself from the decision.

If UEFA lose this, and maybe even if they don't, it will be like night of the long knives at HQ.

We will find out who really runs UEFA and what sort of organisation it wants to be going forward...if indeed there is anything left of it.

They have invited clubs into decision making bodies with their own interests at heart because they are afraid of a breakaway. They believed they could work with the top clubs, instead they are watching the top clubs take over and ruin them.

UEFA need to get these guys out, restore independence and do their job. The next time they are threatened with a breakaway let them go. What would happen? Not much. The clubs would probably think twice....no domestic football...that would go down well with supporters! Then the players...no World Cup, in fact no representing their country at all.

UEFA should have had the balls to say no to the likes of Liverpool United and Bayern years ago. Now those same clubs have pulled the tiger's tail and UEFA can't believe it. When this is all over UEFA will be in bits and turn to the clubs they were helping and ask for a favour paying the bill. Then they will find out they have been used from start to finish. Invite the mafia in and pay forever.

Last edited:
If indeed it is overturned (and I'm not holding my breath), can you image the torrent of "righteous" indignation from several quarters? Carragher springs to mind. Most rag-biased journos. The fatuous Matthew Syed. The likes of Piers Morgan and other people with no genuine connection to football. Tabloid hacks. Merson, probably.

"City's escape shows that crime does pay", and the like.

They'd all be on their moral high horse, believe me.

But we'll doubtless get punished anyway, so it's all irrelevant.

Normally yes but this time it will be short lived as attention turns to the real perpetrators and the actions brought against them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.