UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This point was put to a legal eagle a few years ago, & the summary came back as follows:

You & I can form an invitation only Fast & Furious Speedster Club, without limits. The UK road speed limit is 30mph, & as long as none of the club members are caught speeding, or are reported for speeding, we're cool.

However, the moment someone has concrete evidence of law breaking going on at the speed club & reports it, the authorities HAVE to act. Where FFP is concerned, there is already a challenge creaking its way through the EU Court Process.

I honestly believe if we start spending the promised £30m on an army of lawyers to challenge FFP, it'll be dead in the water before too long. City just didn't want it to be us who did the deed. As it stands right now, we have absolutely fuck all to lose, & that is the most dangerous kind of foe you could wish to happen across.

This also reminds me of those mens only clubs which were successfully challenged by gender equality groups. Their clubs had their rules for decades, the law said different when it was challenged..... As UEFA/G14 will soon find out, the law is the law.
You simply cannot say with any certainty that we have nothing to lose. The law of unintended consequences frequently says otherwise.

Agree. Not just on this subject but overall the content is poor. Shame really as they signed up some decent writers.

Did they? Or did they just sign up personalities and opinion writers?

There is a very big distinction to be made between them and newsgatherers.

They believed they were buying their twitter followers, people want news stories not flowery prose about stuff that may have happened years ago, anecdotes as such.

Did they? Or did they just sign up personalities and opinion writers?

There is a very big distinction to be made between them and newsgatherers.

They believed they were buying their twitter followers, people want news stories not flowery prose about stuff that may have happened years ago, anecdotes as such.
I think most people who signed up were looking for informed analysis and long reads. Not the shitty opinion pieces everyone else does. It’s been a big let down.

As it stands with a two year European ban coming in May, what else is there for us to lose?
Plenty, potentially.

The dismantling of UEFA and the lack of certainty that could provide is one example. We might benefit from that, we might not.
Did the chairmen of the ‘Big 5’ envisage the rise of clubs like City and Chelsea when they concentrated more and more wealth at the top of the English game?

Move the pieces on the board around sufficiently and unforeseen things can happen. Attacking UEFA is not without risk.

Plenty, potentially.

The dismantling of UEFA and the lack of certainty that could provide is one example. We might benefit from that, we might not.
Did the chairmen of the ‘Big 5’ envisage the rise of clubs like City and Chelsea when they concentrated more and more wealth at the top of the English game?

Move the pieces on the board around sufficiently and unforeseen things can happen. Attacking UEFA is not without risk.
Which is probably why Soriano is praising the part of UEFA he wants to keep (admin) but chucking the other part under the bus (FFP).

I think most people who signed up were looking for informed analysis and long reads. Not the shitty opinion pieces everyone else does. It’s been a big let down.

It all has its place, but that is what broadsheets were always supposed to deliver?

The Athletic business model seems a strange one and is built on nothing more than monetising followers that were aligned to personalities on Twitter.

People want to be told something they don't know already.

totally agreed. They totally hoodwinked me into buying this, wont be in future. Trouble is, there is STILL room for more intelligent analysis without the clickhate bollocks and I hope someone fills in the void that The Athletic pretended to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.