UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know, but wonder whether it might also be significant that, although the HQ is based in Switzerland, the clubs themselves are carrying on business in Europe. And, by extension, given that the PL is entirely UK based, where would that leave a cartel operating elsewhere in the world to commercially disadvantage an English company. I guess that's why we have so many lawyers on the case.
And that's the interesting point, & why the EU is telling the UK thay access to the single market, means adherence to single market rules, & the ECJ having the ultimate say in any disputes.

The UK can't have their EU cake & eat it. So I'd surmise that whether UEFA like it or not, if this gets to ECJ level, EU Competition & Cartel laws come into force.

I don't know, but wonder whether it might also be significant that, although the HQ is based in Switzerland, the clubs themselves are carrying on business in Europe. And, by extension, given that the PL is entirely UK based, where would that leave a cartel operating elsewhere in the world to commercially disadvantage an English company. I guess that's why we have so many lawyers on the case.
Uefa surely relates to the whole of Europe, not just EU Europe? There are a lot of European countries which aren’t in the EU

And that's the interesting point, & why the EU is telling the UK thay access to the single market, means adherence to single market rules, & the ECJ having the ultimate say in any disputes.

The UK can't have their EU cake & eat it. So I'd surmise that whether UEFA like it or not, if this gets to ECJ level, EU Competition & Cartel laws come into force.
Just for clarity, UEFA is a cartel (no argument there) but the European Union isn’t?

I will not let this double standard go unnoticed unless the cake is a Black Forest Gateaux. Then my greed for this sweet German treat could buy my silence and ‘blind eye’.

Just for clarity, UEFA is a cartel (no argument there) but the European Union isn’t?

I will not let this double standard go unnoticed unless the cake is a Black Forest Gateaux. Then my greed for this sweet German treat could buy my silence and ‘blind eye’.
You'll get no arguments from me fella. The EU is about the law, & for it to flourish it's laws must be paramount.

This is why I've never understood why City have formerly chosen to bend over, & take one up the shitter, without even a little axle grease to ease the pain.

Right now, things couldn't get any worse, & our main recourse must be the ECJ. We should just hurry up & get on with it....

Pedantry alert - you can't have a gateaux. One gateau, yes, or two or more gateaux, but not vice versa.

Couldn't resist it. Sorry.

After the Bosman ruling, they were told that regulations have to be drafted with ‘EU rules in mind’ particularly freedom of movement in that case.
They were reminded by the court that despite their autonomy in a sporting context, they could not draft regulations which broke the law.
The “regulations” before Bosman didn’t break the law but when challenged the courts decided that in fact they did

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.