UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate to agree with such a stark outlook, but it’s looking more and more like it will be this way with each day that passes. Football and other sports will be judged as frivolous in the coming weeks as we work through everything we can to limit the impacts.
The Chinese have a lot to answer for.

This could quite easily come to pass. We are still in the very early days of this virus, especially in the West, infection rates can be expected to keep rising, possibly doubling.

It will likely be six months at the least before anything starts to calm down, if we are already at the point of considering closing things down, especially gatherings of people, and things are likely to get worse before getting better, I don't see how this season can finish and you could argue it would be silly to try.

I hate to agree with such a stark outlook, but it’s looking more and more like it will be this way with each day that passes. Football and other sports will be judged as frivolous in the coming weeks as we work through everything we can to limit the impacts.

As tempting as it is to be a doom-monger, South Korea and China have already passed their peak, and the UK's is expected within 2 weeks and last a few weeks. After that things are going to get a lot more manageable.

This is awful. Do people realise what the consequences could actually be? This could mean that Liverpool don't get the two wins they need for their first ever PL title. And even if they do .... they won't be allowed a parade through streets rammed with the greatest supporters in the world ... or even if they are allowed a parade ... no one will be allowed to go. Doesn't your heart bleed for the poor scousers!

Now I am worried ;)

Although things are moving quickly there is worse to come over the next 10 days, so I expect tighter controls. Following this the task will be to stop a wider spread outside of the peak and tail already described in China (with draconian measures put in place let’s not forget). To curtail travel and spread of THIS and any other mutations of COVID-19 you just wouldn’t be surprised to see the cancellation of events where large movements of people are concerned especially cross border.

As tempting as it is to be a doom-monger, South Korea and China have already passed their peak, and the UK's is expected within 2 weeks and last a few weeks. After that things are going to get a lot more manageable.

If correctly managed yes I would agree

Fair enough i didnt think it was that much and it will be interesting to see if contractually no football means the tv media can not pay monies owed?

No doubt another court case.

Im pretty sure it’ll be in the contract - ie what happens if there’s no football. Probably written with a major weather issue in mind but the principle will stand and I’d assume the contractual position will be - no game no fee. But with a caveat that the broadcaster pays at a later date should the games be played. The problem of course is we cram so much in that it’s looking like the season may not get completed.

Im pretty sure it’ll be in the contract - ie what happens if there’s no football. Probably written with a major weather issue in mind but the principle will stand and I’d assume the contractual position will be - no game no fee. But with a caveat that the broadcaster pays at a later date should the games be played. The problem of course is we cram so much in that it’s looking like the season may not get completed.

There is also the impact this will have on clubs that borrow against the TV income at the beginning of the season.....

And football doesn't only exist for the elite clubs, the EFL could be decimated after a few weeks without revenue.

Good point. I think many clubs are surviving hand to mouth. I think there are a number of clubs on the brink and this could flush them out very quickly. The EFL needs a complete restructure- probably back to a regional set up but they’ve been too busy burying their heads in the sand as club after club call in the administrators.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.