UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
No it’s not the appellant has to request the suspension which CAS will consider the merit of No public announcement has been made either way on this
Worth noting that a suspension would be for uefa's benefit so they don't face further legal proceedings if the charges against us are found to be a bit rubbish.

Mike N should we our appeal at CAS. We as a club could then go after UEFA for all the legal costs involved in fighting this case. I cannot see that UEFA would be pleased about that should this happen.

and you think we didn’t ask for that suspension when we put in the appeal, do you?

It doesn't matter what I think. I try to research and there is no evidence that City have asked for a suspension. In fact there is a strong opinion that City have not asked as, by doing so would mean that CAS wouldn't expedite the case, with respect the squad planning etc that wouldn't be in City's interest

This is what LAW in Sport have outlined of the procedure This was pre the Covid 19 outbreak

Given the comparatively short time before the ban from UEFA competitions takes effect on Manchester City (i.e. the commencement of UEFA competitions for the 2020/2021 season in the summer of 2020), the parties may elect, by mutual consent, to an expedited procedure (pursuant to R52 for appeals and R44.4 for ordinary arbitration proceedings). If the parties cannot agree to expedited proceedings, a party can apply for ‘Provisional and Conservatory Measures’ under R37. For example, Manchester City may be able to apply for an order to the effect that the ban is suspending pending exhaustion of the CAS proceedings.

I could be that our ban does take effect and we are banned this season - although it’ll probably be academic since there’s unlikely to be a full blown Champions League next season. However, even if there’s no league there will be financial implicit for the club so maybe we can be banned, there be no consequence in terms of football but we get to make a compensation claim later ? Whatever happens if our confidence is well founded - and on balance I think it is - UEFA are going to take a significant financial hit.

It doesn't matter what I think. I try to research and there is no evidence that City have asked for a suspension. In fact there is a strong opinion that City have not asked as, by doing so would mean that CAS wouldn't expedite the case, with respect the squad planning etc that wouldn't be in City's interest

This is what LAW in Sport have outlined of the procedure This was pre the Covid 19 outbreak

Given the comparatively short time before the ban from UEFA competitions takes effect on Manchester City (i.e. the commencement of UEFA competitions for the 2020/2021 season in the summer of 2020), the parties may elect, by mutual consent, to an expedited procedure (pursuant to R52 for appeals and R44.4 for ordinary arbitration proceedings). If the parties cannot agree to expedited proceedings, a party can apply for ‘Provisional and Conservatory Measures’ under R37. For example, Manchester City may be able to apply for an order to the effect that the ban is suspending pending exhaustion of the CAS proceedings.

city are represented by some of the best solicitors around. If you want to worry yourself that they’ve forgotten to do something as basic as ask for the sanction to be suspended until the appeal has been heard, fill your boots.

Did you see Quinn play? A much better footballer than a lot of people give him credit for.

i did indeed see quinny play loads of times and yes was also good on the floor. but the team and managers just used him as a outlet ball and play from there in winning the 2nd ball. BFS and moyes type of player and long ball bypassing the midfield

city are represented by some of the best solicitors around. If you want to worry yourself that they’ve forgotten to do something as basic as ask for the sanction to be suspended until the appeal has been heard, fill your boots.

I tried to inform you of the CAS procedure with respect to asking for a suspension of the punishment, you have chosen to ignore it. You then accuse me of being worried, when, you have no actual idea, I don't recall ever saying I am worried. I look for facts I dont assume which, is what you are doing

Aside from solicitors the club have also engaged a leading barrister to represent them at CAS, their attention to detail will be unrivalled. For the record I have absolute confidence both in the club officials and the legal firms they have engaged

I tried to inform you of the CAS procedure with respect to asking for a suspension of the punishment, you have chosen to ignore it. You then accuse me of being worried, when, you have no actual idea, I don't recall ever saying I am worried. I look for facts I dont assume which, is what you are doing

Aside from solicitors the club have also engaged a leading barrister to represent them at CAS, their attention to detail will be unrivalled. For the record I have absolute confidence both in the club officials and the legal firms they have engaged

then why the fuck are you stressing about whether they have forgotten to do something as basic as ask for a suspension pending determination of the appeal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.