UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I couldn’t care less whether you believe me or not. Like most I’m enjoying the moment and now can’t wait for Saturday. It’s an amazing time to be a blue.
I’m all for fighting our corner but on this occasion we haven’t got a leg to stand on. As I said, hopefully the punishment isn’t too severe but don’t just dismiss me when you don’t know the facts.
But thats problem WE don`t know the facts and neither do you so stop talking bollocks until such times that the full details are made to the club.

There's no point trying to discredit the NY Times through links with Liverpool's owners. There is a UEFA investigation ongoing.

What have we learned?
  • The investigators are about to refer their case to the Adjudicatory Chamber and recommend a ban of at least one year. Well we could expect that.
  • According to the people with knowledge of the investigation, City’s punishment most likely will be linked to an accusation that it provided misleading statements in resolving an earlier case, as well as false statements to licensing authorities in England, and not over the true value of the sponsorship agreements.
That last point is just journalists opinion, but I have no reason to doubt it.

I interpret that as a weakening of UEFA's case. They seem to have given up pursuing the angle that City have inflated the sponsorship deals and are now looking more at the alleged operation to deceive and defy UEFA. I do not on the other like the involvement of false statements to licensing authorities in England as it widens the implications of the investigation.

Last edited:
As I see it some of them want a ban so some musn't and wanting and risking the consequences of a ban are different things. Plus there is still an IF found guilty.

"With no vote in such cases, the final say lies with him but several of his colleagues are understood to have firmly expressed the view at a recent meeting that a season-long ban would be a suitable punishment if City are found guilty. "

As I see it some of them want a ban so some musn't and wanting and risking the consequences of a ban are different things. Plus there is still an IF found guilty.

"With no vote in such cases, the final say lies with him but several of his colleagues are understood to have firmly expressed the view at a recent meeting that a season-long ban would be a suitable punishment if City are found guilty. "

Exactly - a Dan Roan piece on the BBC website headlines UEFA want us banned..........then starts with IF found guilty...............have we started winning again and spoiling everybodies party. Fuck 'em. They won't ban us next season for starters coz we will just appeal to the Court of Arbitration in Sport and if there is any hope of us winning we will get the competition stopped whilst matters are resolved or devalue it by being banned and be shouting that from the roof tops.

if we were banned then surely it opens up even further legal cases from players, agents, etc that their client is misisng out on bonuses etc? also the loss of revenue for city on something that wouldnt be 100% conclusive to prove?

We should give this pile of shite article the attention it deserves namely nothing. Fuck you NYT
It's balanced journalism in my opinion. The journalists one genuine insight or contribution is that UEFA are not pursuing the inflated sponsorship angle any more but more the 'deception angle'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.