UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
That article claims Sheikh Mansour has put billions into City, is this true?

I recall reading last season the figure was at around £1.3billion.

Why would I want to purposely wind fellow blues up?
I want the best for my club just like you do. I just want people to be better informed.
It’s typical of this internet fan generation that they dismiss any story or opinion that you do not like but pur over ones you do.
‘Chatting shit’ ‘ignore him’ ‘wum’ it’s embarrassing mate, have a decent debate.
I gave you two chances to explain why you would be able to confirm any of it, more than anyone else could... and you provided nada. Your debating skills are seriously lacking from what I can see.

Imagine saying that and moaning when people say: "I can confirm this guy is a wum".

just a little reminder

"Manchester City welcomes the opening of a formal Uefa investigation as an opportunity to bring to an end the speculation resulting from the illegal hacking and out of context publication of City emails".

"The club's published accounts are full and complete and a matter of legal and regulatory record

I think they have done this to destabilise the recruitment process, potentially choosing a Club that is touted to get a CL ban may just be the deciding factor for a player to go elsewhere. Bent fuckers, it’s not even punitive in our case, it’s based purely on an historical event that has no bearing of where we are now. Restraints should be in place to prevent another Bolton or to stop someone like Simon Jordan having to almost give his club away because he was annually doing his financial nuts that ultimately cost him £50m. There is no rhyme or reason to this ban other than jealousy and the old cartels collective desire to piss on “little” City from a great height.
The mad thing about FFP is that City under Shinawatra would have met FFP at that time, will whilst we were nearly going into administration. Fucking flawed, totally biased against City rule. Mind you that’s exactly where they would like us to be now and not a threat to anyone.

The euphoria of the title win has very quickly given way to the paranoia of the NYT. We can all rage on about the injustice and self-interest underlying FFP, and, if necessary, the club have the right to challenge the legitimacy of the regulations in court, but at the moment we simply have a report (from a very reputable paper) that UEFA are being asked to ban City from the CL. If this is the case, I think such a ban is unlikely. CAS have shown themselves not to be sympathetic to such bans. AC Milan were banned for a year by UEFA for "violations" of FFP but, on appeal, CAS found the penalty "disproportionate" and called for a different sanction, even though this was Milan's second offence, as Milan's financial position was much better than it had been. If City did violate FFP (and it seems a very big "if") it was at least five years ago and our financial position since has been as good as any club's anywhere. UEFA would have a very difficult time explaining its motives in sanctioning City at all, especially as it may provoke a very long, costly and damaging court case challenging the central concept at the heart of FFP. I am still of the opinion that if there are any sleeping dogs they are best allowed to lie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.