UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Quite. I don''t see what the auditors could be caught out by.

Assuming they have the proof of three payments from Sponsors A, B and C, it's of no interest to them where the money may have come from before getting to B and C.
Correct. They don't have to audit our FFP compliance, just that our accounts show a 'true and fair' view. They will have formed a view on whether Etihad & the other Abu Dhabi companies are related parties however and they clearly accepted they weren't. If not then the'market value' test isn't applicable.

When the hearing comes, we as a club have got to make sure that CAS, see that UEFA were forced to do this. Only because the cartel clubs would have broken away and made up their own league. If we did this and won our case, not only will UEFA be damaged, but also all the cartel clubs as well.
And as fans, whenever we’re back, don’t just vent our vengeance on UEFA. Let the cartel know that we’re on to them.

It’s not UEFA and the Cartel who are being charged though, it’s us. Doesn’t matter what we have on them because it’s not that that’s being looked at.

We just have to prove that we either did nothing wrong or that, if we did do something wrong, we can hold up the claim the information was obtained illegally and can’t be used against us. Or the charge is upheld.

Then the case with CAS is closed and that’s the end of it with them and we have to go to court with it. Even there nothing against UEFA and the Cartel will be looked at.

It doesn’t matter - UEFA will get a rough ride from our legal team. Watch.

Great attitude Bill. I always fear the worst with City, the late 80/90s ensured that.

Glass half full Frank..!

The way I see it is, i've got to trust what our Club is and has been saying for some considerable amount of time now..

Not only that but Pep has been given assurances by the Chairman that we are innocent of all charges and Pep has then in turn passed these assurances onto the players..

I've got to believe that our Club wouldn't be publicly saying these things if we weren't 100% sure of where we stand..

Could we still get found guilty by UEFA..? with their track record, reality is, who knows..!

That's the only grey area for me..!

There will be no shit storm we're to soft
How would you or any of us possibly know. We have no idea whats happening behind the scenes, we don’t play out in the public eye. Doubt those that do business with our owners think they are a soft touch.

Glass half full Frank..!

The way I see it is, i've got to trust what our Club is and has been saying for some considerable amount of time now..

Not only that but Pep has been given assurances by the Chairman that we are innocent of all charges and Pep has then in turn passed these assurances onto the players..

I've got to believe that our Club wouldn't be publicly saying these things if we weren't 100% sure of where we stand..

Could we still get found guilty by UEFA..? with their track record, reality is, who knows..!

That's the only grey area for me..!

I certainly am, but I fully agree with you about your thought process. Without questions it is the right stance to take.

One thing keeps niggling away at me. When the original sanction was handed out in February the club released a statement in which they said they would "pursue an impartial judgment as quickly as possible and will therefore, in the first instance, commence proceedings with the Court of Arbitration for Sport at the earliest opportunity. "

It's the bit in bold that worries me, does this mean that the club are fully aware of the landscape and know this is merely the second phase of a long drawn out process that hopefully sees us exonerated.

I have heard a small number of journos and a sprinkling of posters on this thread express the belief that we are in this for the longhaul and that this may infact end up being taken to the Swiss federal supreme Court. If this is so then we need to be prepared for the original decision to be upheld by CAS and the subsequent distress, worry and turmoil that will no doubt come our way.

Just a thought. Sorry!
I suspect that if cas find in our favour, it will be on the procedural breaches from uefa and not on the substantive issues of ffp’s lawfulness.
That would be the ‘first instance’ and we would need further instances to defeat the ludicrous regulations of ffp and clear our name comprehensively.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.