UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by razman, 7 Mar 2019.

?

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

1. Two-year ban upheld

161 vote(s)
    12.1%
  2. Ban reduced to one year

409 vote(s)
    30.6%
  3. Ban overturned and City exonerated

699 vote(s)
    52.3%
  4. Other

67 vote(s)
    5.0%
  1. Chi-town blues

Chi-town blues

So if you steal in a good faith it’s not a crime ?

2. foxbox123

foxbox123

Nods in *Robin Hood*

3. Groke

Groke

Arsenal were one of the biggest losers of city breaking the old top 4, nearly every year they would qualify for the CL by finishing fourth, but because they always qualified, they would go into pot 1 in the group stages based on UEFA's points system. Because they were in pot 1 they always then qualified for knockout stages (where they then got knocked out!), further boosting their UEFA points and ensuring pot 1 the following year. The CL money have them a huge financial advantage over the rest of the teams outside the top 4 (tv deal wasn't as significant as it is now) enabling them to finish fourth again, so rinse and repeat. Now if Wenger wants to talk about financial doping, well he should have looked a little closer to home.

ADVERTISEMENT

4. Delboy352

Delboy352

I just can’t help feeling that though we may win at the CAS, due maybe to a technicality, that last paragraph with its “public perception” will be the one that will bring us down which is why the hateful 8 drafted a letter that would not be considered during the process...that, along with the rabid press will stir up the feeding frenzy that would be sure to follow...

5. Coatigan

Coatigan

Team supported:
    Manchester City
    A bit too wild for me, that speculation. Entirely possible of course, but i struggle to believe it myself.

6. Brendan110_0

Brendan110_0

M18CTID likes this.
  7. Brendan110_0

Brendan110_0

I think we have UEFA bang to rights, when they start talking guff like "not in the spirit of FFP" you know they're on shaky ground.

8. SilverFox2

SilverFox2

Especially when the rules have been skewed to be not in the spirit of "fairness" despite being called FFP.

9. petrusha

petrusha

Wenger's hypocrisy about so-called financial doping was exposed a few years back when his Arsenal side faced Monaco in the CL. It was in the summer of 1987 that he joined Monaco, who'd finished fifth in the French league the previous season. After spending the best part of £3 million, at the time a huge sum, on Mark Hateley and Glenn Hoddle, they won the title in Wenger's first campaign.

In those days, TV broadcast deals were pretty negligible and sponsorship was small beer, too. Gate money overwhelmingly counted for the majority of a club's income. So how were Monaco doing on this score when Wenger rocked up? Well, the previous campaign they'd been the 28th-best supported club in the French league with an average home attendance of 4,428. In the English league that same season, the likes of Grimsby and Walsall both drew an average of over 5,000. I'm sure Monaco's ticket prices lifted their revenues to a level well in excess of their English counterparts, but nonetheless the club relied on a vast subsidy from the Monegasque royal family to meet the level of expenditure being incurred in the pursuit of success.

None of this stopped Wenger from crowing to the press, in the run-up to that CL tie, about how proud he was of his achievements at Monaco and what special days they were. Nothing wrong with that in itself, of course, but it represented cynical hypocrisy of the first order for him to maintain that stance while decrying contemporary 'financial doping'. And did any august representatives of the fourth estate have the combination of perspicacity and bravery needed to call him out? I don't think you need me to tell you how the spineless and unprincipled tw*ts reacted. Every. Last. Fucking. One.

10. salfordbluetrue

salfordbluetrue

UEFA expect to lose any case brought up, which is why they would not touch the money, instead giving £ 125,000 to each of our competitors academies